Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grafted Juniperus Procumbens Nana and Home Depot

Posted by johnplace Z6 St. Louis (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 17:34

I'm not a fan of topiary or other unnatural plant styles, but I saw something at HD that caught my eye today. They had a few "Juniperus Procumbens Nana" grafted onto a standard so it looks like a little tree. In this form, I don't care for it. But after doing a bit of research on the web, I'm thinking that the Juniper will eventually weep all the way to the ground, hiding the unnatural looking trunk it's grafted to.

Do any of you have any experience with this type of thing? I think it could look cool in the right spot. It's about 70 bucks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grafted Juniperus Procumbens Nana and Home Depot

It's a good plant. Will look like a green waterfall in time. Once it hits the ground it will spread out. Mine has about a 12 ft. diameter.

o

Here is Juniperus procumbens 'Greenmound' on high graft.

Similiar to 'Nana'.

Dave

Photobucket

o

Ooooh, I like. This one I *am* going to buy.

o

Dave, do you see some differences between the 'Nana' and the 'Greenmound' or are these the same but into the trade under differend cultivar names?

o

I have many (600 +) procumbens nana's, staked upright (38", 60", & 72"). I LOVE growing nana's!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tenchi procumbens growing area

o

Edwin,

I guess I missed your question on this thread.

I see no difference between the two.

John,

Funny thing...I picked mine up At HD about 4 years ago. I had to have it because it was just different. I have never seen 'Green Mound'/aka 'Nana" offered on a standard since then.

Dave

Juniperus horzontalis 'Monber' on high standard. Got that at HD the following year.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here