Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raulkender

Tetraclinis articulata and new website

raul_kender
10 years ago

Hello everyone. I couldn't find any post regarding this species, so here is my own:

Tetraclinis is a member of the Cupressus family, native to the Mediterranean basin, especially North Africa where there are around 1,000,000 hectares of forest.

It is a very important tree in arid environments, particularly to prevent desertification. It grows in very extreme conditions, often on poor rocky soils, with annual rainfall as little as 250 mm (7.87 inches). Its most remarkable trait is that it can regrow after fire or severe grazing by animals.

It can compete with Pinus halepensis, another common species in arid areas. Altitude range is from sea level to 1,700 m (5,570 feet). Up in the mountains it co-dominates with Juniperus thurifera.

It is an easy tree to cultivate and I am trying to grow quite a few this year. Tips for cultivation and more information can be found on this website I have recently started:
http://www.forestaproject.org/articles/Tetraclinis-articulata.html

My web-making skills are poor so don't be surprised of its simplicity. I hope you find the content and pictures interesting though. Comments are very appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: article about Tetraclinis

Comments (6)