Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MY Conifer Kingdom conifers

Posted by Davesconifers 5 Shawnee Ks (cmsteg63@gmail.com) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 18:06

This is a great company to do business with. Their conifers are first rate.

Several months ago I entered their photo contest posted on their web site and won $200.00.

I selected Picea pungens 'Ruby Teardrops' for my garden because of its unique characteristic of fabulous ruby-colored cones in the spring.

photo IMG_0539.jpg

To my surprise they added a thank you conifer free of charge.

Picea omorika 'Aurea'
 photo IMG_0538.jpg

Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MY Conifer Kingdom conifers

Those guys seem to add free conifers to many orders.

You'll get a nice buck from that 'Aurea' if you sell it on ebay since you already have a large specimen. That's a 25 dollar plus, tree.

Have a great day,

Dax

o

Dax,

I don't have omorika 'Aurea'

I think it's going to be a keeper.

Dave

o

They sent me an omorika as well. LOVE IT! Now WTH to do with it...... oh well, Ill figure something out. ;-)

Arktrees

o

That's pretty cool, Dave. I'd love to see the winning photo - do you have a link?

Matt

o

Picea pungens 'Glauca Pendula' and A spring 2012 partial photo of my back yard. Each photo took 2nd place.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Conifer Kingdom Photo Contest

o

You sure do have a beautiful backyard, Dave. I have admired it many times here on Gardenweb. Nice photo, too! What a great story!

o

Well I fooled myself.

Dan got the grand prize I see. Good for him.

Dax

o

Is the Ruby Teardrops quite green in person? Not as blue as Montgomery? It looks green to me in the picture, except for a few braches on the top right of the picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here