Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dan's Dwarf Conifers

Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 21:35

This review isn't going to be as thorough as Will's reviews but at least I'm hear spreading the cheer.

Dan's site has a limited selection but you get to see pictures of the plants you are going to buy. Shipping is a bit pricey if you're getting one plant but 3 or more and its a good buy.

Dan just put a few new selections up...very nice plants for the price!

Here are the 2 gallons plants I got from him.

Pinus Parviflora 'Miyajima'
Photobucket

Picea Abies 'Kellerman's Blue Cameo'
Photobucket

Pinus Banksiana 'Schoodic'
Photobucket

Pinus heldreichii 'Irish Bell'
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: DDC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dan's Dwarf Conifers

Looks as if you have some very nice plants there, whaas, very healthy looking. Hope they thrive for you! Thank you for the link to Dan's site, too.

Holly

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 22:08

You bet! I almost forgot about this post.

Everyone must be sleeping!

o

Whaas, You really got some nice fairly large plants. I did not hear of Dan's Dwarf Conifers before but it looks like they have some decent prices and great plants.

Thanks for sharing.

o

Took a pic this morning of my tiny Abies concolor 'Archer's Dwarf' from Dan's. Yay, I was happy to find one! The little guy arrived very healthy with lots a fat buds. They just started popping open today. Yipee! Love the teal colored needles.
Abies concolor 'Archer's Dwarf'
My tree is a little U shaped. I hope that does't prevent it from developing into a nice dense cone. I will still love it even if it grows strangely with more character.

I already went over my conifer budget so I only bought one plant from Dan's. I'm jealous of your nice big plants Will.

o

Really good looking plants and nice sized! Surely a feasable option for those looking for conifers.

-Will

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 19:41

You bet!

Garen, that will be a nice sized plant once it does its thing. Not bad for $18. Nice Redwood in the background too!

I bought one slightly larger for over $50!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here