Abies pinsapo 'Glauca'

Picea x mariorika 'Machala'

Cephalotaxus harringtonia 'Prostrata'

Larix decidua 'KrejÃÂi'

-Sam

Comments (11)

• ogcon
    11 years ago

Happy Easter Sam...I know these photos are very current,what temps in N. Washington this past week?looks to have been WARM! Gorgeous springing to life and another season well underway.Looking forward to a great summer and maturation of last winters brooms.D.

• hungrymind
    11 years ago

Sam, What great photos you are showing us! It looks as though spring has sprung for you. thanks!

Rob

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Very nice pics Sam!
    The weather at your place is way ahead in comparison with it here in The Netherlands.
    Here we have still winter temperatures which will extend the grafting season for me :0)

• barbaraincalif
    11 years ago

Love spring bud-break! Catch myself humming 'It's the most wonderful time of the year' and improvising conifer appropriate lyrics while wandering through the garden.

Maybe our resident poet, tsugajunkie, can pen us a spring theme song?

Barbara

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    11 years ago

Nice! That 'Spring Surprise' might be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Sara

• maple_grove_gw
    11 years ago

Great photos! After looking at these I can feel spring coming, though its around 30 degrees here right now. You're at least a month ahead of us here in the northeast.

That last larix is great - nice and tight! Also, I'm not a fan of Taxus, but I do like the 'Green Diamond'...almost looks a bit like a Tsuga.

Alex

This post was edited by maple_grove on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 17:29

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Nice pix Sam, as usual. With snow piles still here and there, bud breaking is a ways off yet here.

LOL Barbara. Since that hap-happiest feeling is a ways off here, let's hear your lyrics. ;-)

tj

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

if you have vista pix.. you made it home for easter .... may as well add in some sappy.. HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS ....

and of course the old standard.. SPRING IS BUSTIN OUT ALL OVER ... which usually is thought to mean she needs a new wardrobe ... or is that june????

thx for the pix sam

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: oh for the days when men stood around singing .. lol ... and whats teh deal with harvesting apples in june ....????

• gardener365
    11 years ago

Thank you Sam!

Dax

• arceesmith
    11 years ago

You're ahead of us in the beautiful metropolis of Boring. We've had some Larix begin to pop, and that's about it....I'll have to go check the 'Spring Surprise' - I'd be surprised if it is out as much as the one in your photo.

Thanks for sharing these, they let us know that more is coming soon!

• botann
    11 years ago

You're about a week and a half ahead of me and I'm About 30 miles as the crow flies from Albers. My elevation is higher and I'm further from the salt water than Albers Vista Gardens though.
    Mike