Photobucket

Photobucket

Next week more

Henk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Rockgarden

more next week???

my God man.. your hearts going to explode.. from over-exertion ...

when do you rest???

fascinating use of the rock ... and potted stock.. interchangeability to the extreme ...

still chuckling about the little yellow wooden shoes ...

thanks for taking the time to post the pix.. surprised you had time to stop shoveling stone .. lol

ken

o

Super cool, Henk.

Dax

o

Wow, what a project. Looking forward to some more shots as it continues. Don't have much time to look closely right now(I'm at work), but I'll be checking this out much closer later today. Cool stuff Henk, you're a maniac.

-Will

o

Just perfection taking shape. Love the big slab rock in the last pic, great colour and texture. And the Euro-lollipop standards, I'm moving towards these as space becomes an issue.

o

Fantastic! I agree with Severn...that big slab is sweet.

Josh

o

Incredible. Thanks Henk!

o

Totally jealous- of the money, the space, and most importantly- the energy!!

o

Looks amazing!Did you have any help in creating that at all? I wish I had the time and energy to put into creating part of my yard as a rock garden.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Mon, May 14, 12 at 11:27

Quite the project!
Mike

o

Incredible amount of work there. The end result should be fantastic.
Cher

o

My back hurts looking at all that work. Very nice workmanship. Do you think that fabric under the stones will hurt the plants long term? Soil tends to go sterile under it.

tj

o

Im stunned, All i can say is i cant wait to see the next set of photos. What a cool project!
I am curious about tjs question.
AL

o

Holy moly!

When I clicked on this thread I expected to see someone's nice arrangement out by their curb or something. I was totally unprepared for this extravaganza. That is amazing! I love seeing the progress through the photos.

And you have chickens! I am so jealous. I want chickens.
Can't wait to see more. Well done!

Angela

o

I love the chickens too! Amazing project, I can't wait to see how it progresses!~

Robyn

o

Fantasic project, Henk!

All looks beautiful.

I like your chickens, too. I had cocks, hens, chicken over 20 years. But last year the female fox took all for the juveniles. But after August I will get new ones. And here I must take more care ( not in the night; all day long).

Wolfgang

o

I've wanted chickens for years, but everyone thought I was crazy, especially my husband. Now there is a huge interest and a lot of people have them here in the city. A local garden center has several that cluck around on their property, and they recently did a seminar on how to raise them in your back yard.

I have a french bulldog with a VERY strong prey drive. No chickens for me anytime soon.

Angela

o
RE: New Rockgarden new photo's

New Photo's
Ken and Dax ask me for new photo's of my rockgarden.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later this year I hope it is ready.

Henk.

o

Suuuupeeer!
L+M S

o

stunning .....

all done in little wooden shoes??? ... lol ... [its an inside joke.. he brought me a pair when he visited ...]

thanks for posting the follow up ...

i think one might consider you a rock collector also ... lol

whats the green one.. in the 7th picture ... lol ...

i look forward to watching this as they all grow over the next few years ...

ken

o

Henk it looks fantastic! I can't get over the amount of work something like that would take. I agree with Ken though, you have to be considered a rock collector too. You sure have some beautiful ones there, as well as plants. Thanks for the follow up.
Cher

o

Henk,

I like it a lot. When the plants grow up to and against the rocks and over the rocks, it will be all that much, the better.

You've done an amazing job. Years forward you will be one of the happiest man that lives.

Congratulations.

Dax

o

• Posted by picea 6A Cinci- Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 21:36

Awesome project. Where did you get all the plants?

o

Wow! That is a sight to behold. Thanks for the tour.

o

When you see this in person it is GREAT.
So much work, and a beautiful display of plants

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 8:09

I'm curious as to where you got the rocks. I wouldn't think they are easy to get near you.
Nice display garden!
I applaud all the work it took.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here