11 years ago

Some photo;s of my new Rockgarden

Next week more

Henk.

Comments (25)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

more next week???

my God man.. your hearts going to explode.. from over-exertion ...

when do you rest???

fascinating use of the rock ... and potted stock.. interchangeability to the extreme ...

still chuckling about the little yellow wooden shoes ...

thanks for taking the time to post the pix.. surprised you had time to stop shoveling stone .. lol

ken

• gardener365
    11 years ago

Super cool, Henk.

Dax

• firefightergardener
    11 years ago

Wow, what a project. Looking forward to some more shots as it continues. Don't have much time to look closely right now(I'm at work), but I'll be checking this out much closer later today. Cool stuff Henk, you're a maniac.

-Will

• severnside
    11 years ago

Just perfection taking shape. Love the big slab rock in the last pic, great colour and texture. And the Euro-lollipop standards, I'm moving towards these as space becomes an issue.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Fantastic! I agree with Severn...that big slab is sweet.

Josh

• sluice
    11 years ago

Incredible. Thanks Henk!

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    11 years ago

Totally jealous- of the money, the space, and most importantly- the energy!!

• ricksample
    11 years ago

Looks amazing!Did you have any help in creating that at all? I wish I had the time and energy to put into creating part of my yard as a rock garden.

• botann
    11 years ago

Quite the project!
    Mike

• Cher
    11 years ago

Incredible amount of work there. The end result should be fantastic.
    Cher

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

My back hurts looking at all that work. Very nice workmanship. Do you think that fabric under the stones will hurt the plants long term? Soil tends to go sterile under it.

tj

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    11 years ago

Im stunned, All i can say is i cant wait to see the next set of photos. What a cool project!
    I am curious about tjs question.
    AL

• angelajgood
    11 years ago

Holy moly!

When I clicked on this thread I expected to see someone's nice arrangement out by their curb or something. I was totally unprepared for this extravaganza. That is amazing! I love seeing the progress through the photos.

And you have chickens! I am so jealous. I want chickens.
    Can't wait to see more. Well done!

Angela

• Windhaven
    11 years ago

I love the chickens too! Amazing project, I can't wait to see how it progresses!~

Robyn

• cryptomeria
    11 years ago

Fantasic project, Henk!

All looks beautiful.

I like your chickens, too. I had cocks, hens, chicken over 20 years. But last year the female fox took all for the juveniles. But after August I will get new ones. And here I must take more care ( not in the night; all day long).

Wolfgang

• angelajgood
    11 years ago

I've wanted chickens for years, but everyone thought I was crazy, especially my husband. Now there is a huge interest and a lot of people have them here in the city. A local garden center has several that cluck around on their property, and they recently did a seminar on how to raise them in your back yard.

I have a french bulldog with a VERY strong prey drive. No chickens for me anytime soon.

Angela

• henksgarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

New Photo's
    Ken and Dax ask me for new photo's of my rockgarden.

Later this year I hope it is ready.

Henk.

• Simoni
    11 years ago

Suuuupeeer!
    L+M S

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

stunning .....

all done in little wooden shoes??? ... lol ... [its an inside joke.. he brought me a pair when he visited ...]

thanks for posting the follow up ...

i think one might consider you a rock collector also ... lol

whats the green one.. in the 7th picture ... lol ...

i look forward to watching this as they all grow over the next few years ...

ken

• Cher
    11 years ago

Henk it looks fantastic! I can't get over the amount of work something like that would take. I agree with Ken though, you have to be considered a rock collector too. You sure have some beautiful ones there, as well as plants. Thanks for the follow up.
    Cher

• gardener365
    11 years ago

Henk,

I like it a lot. When the plants grow up to and against the rocks and over the rocks, it will be all that much, the better.

You've done an amazing job. Years forward you will be one of the happiest man that lives.

Congratulations.

Dax

• picea
    11 years ago

Awesome project. Where did you get all the plants?

• sluice
    11 years ago

Wow! That is a sight to behold. Thanks for the tour.

• gary2010
    11 years ago

When you see this in person it is GREAT.
    So much work, and a beautiful display of plants

• botann
    11 years ago

I'm curious as to where you got the rocks. I wouldn't think they are easy to get near you.
    Nice display garden!
    I applaud all the work it took.
    Mike