{{gwi:726649}}

walk around the other side

{{gwi:726650}}

{{gwi:726651}}

never actually saw the house from the front .. at distance

{{gwi:726652}}

check out the dead one.. one more time

{{gwi:726653}}

then listen for a chainsaw.. go walk to the neighbors.. find out its a family friend ... ask him how much.. simply to make them fall down the right way ... cringe when he say $400 bucks for 8 .. and then listen to him say .. $200 for the lot.. and he would limb them when they were down ...

and so they go at it ...

{{gwi:726654}}

{{gwi:726655}}

run up to the porch to see the evolving view ...

{{gwi:726656}}

next one

{{gwi:726657}}

next one

{{gwi:726658}}

gather up the peanut gallery.. to discuss God knows what .. lol

{{gwi:726659}}

{{gwi:726660}}

{{gwi:726661}}

fallen heroes??/

{{gwi:726662}}

and the last ones

and a little help for that leaner

and though it is getting dark ...

my new view .. again.. use the blue spruce for panorama ..

i cant find this pic right now .....

and no one called me a drunk

Here is a link that might be useful: and this is how we get rid of it in the country

Comments (14)

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

Great choice...

• Cher
    11 years ago

Beautiful view Ken. Now I know where you can put some of your smaller things from the nursery at. :)
    Cher

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Oh, yeah. Like the iron curtain coming down. I'll bet it's nice to sit and "focus further" now.

tj

• j0nd03
    11 years ago

Busy day up in Adrian today! Nice new vista :)

John

• botann
    11 years ago

That sure needed to be done. Your garden seems much larger.
    Now you have a 'territorial view', as the real estate agents say.
    Mike

• dcsteg
    11 years ago

Now Old Blue now gets to hang around forever.

You won't be disappointed.

Dave

• sluice
    11 years ago

Nice series! The result looks great.

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    11 years ago

Well done Ken...I can smell the fresh cut pine from here! Cool photos. The spruce is a beauty!

• maple_grove_gw
    11 years ago

Nice work Ken. This is a good example of what they used to call "creative destruction."

So how long do the carcasses have to dry out before you can set them ablaze?

• botann
    11 years ago

I live in a temperate rainforest and burn a lot.
    I'd start out with the branches of the dead one and add the green branches as soon as a bed of coals develop. The green branches will burn up just fine. No sense in burning it all at once in one big pile.
    I usually cut up the branches to get firewood right down to about an inch and a half thick and use the rest for a crude mulch in a out of the way place. The small diameter 'firewood' makes great kindling that I don't have to split. I have also covered the highly textured branch mulch with woodchips to help the decay along rather than burn it.
    Mike

• botann
    11 years ago

Ken, I had one Scot's Pine. It fell apart in a ice storm.
    I rarely see one that looks good because of our frequent wet snowfalls and ice storms here in the hills outside Seattle.
    Why did you have yours cut?
    Mike

• botann
    11 years ago

Never mind.
    It seems Pinus sylvestris doesn't age well. At least, unless it's in the Lakes District in the UK, it just doesn't look good after a few years. Mine fell apart and I see others in my area not looking good too. Not even picturesque.
    I like your new view.
    Mike

• Huggorm
    11 years ago

They should not be allowed to grow fast. Plant only in poor, dry, sandy soil, or the wood will be soft and weak. But in a proper place they will grow large and straight, ready for timber trade after 80-120 years. In the wild they might live for 800 years ore more, as long as they grow in lousy soil.

• brownthumbs789
    11 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I've so much to learn! But why wouldn't you shred/chip it all and use it all for mulch?

Mary