Abies alba 'Hedge'

Photobucket

Picea abies 'Kellerman's Blue Cameo'

Photobucket

Abies balsamea 'Prostrata'

Photobucket

Abies koreana 'Kohout's Icebreaker' and Picea orientalis 'Professor Langner'

Photobucket

After seeing Dave's, this was a texture I wanted.

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Melody'

Photobucket

Doug firs are great this time of year.

Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Ruth Alice'

Photobucket

Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Happy Camper'
Not the happiest, but starting to chuckle...

Photobucket

Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Elf'

Photobucket

Pseudotsuga menziesii (unknown)

Photobucket

Picea glauca 'Cecilia'. My favorite Picea.

Photobucket

Abies lasiocarpa 'Glauca'

Photobucket

...and a little closer.

Photobucket

Color and texture.

Photobucket

Acer palmatum disectum 'Viridis'

Photobucket

Acer palmatum disectum 'Bronzewing'

Photobucket

Acer palmatum 'Beni Hoshi'

Photobucket

tj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more from SE WI

Great pictures TJ, you have a lot of fine specimens. I would love a lime green Pseudotsuga but they aren't common at all here...

o

Beautiful. That Paper Lanterns is gorgeous. I am assuming that becomes a big boy. Icebreaker is to die for, and Hedge, Blue Cameo, Abies balsamea 'Prostrata' and Cecilia are my other faves, but truthfully they are all gorgeous, including your Japanese Maples.
Cher

o

Jealous of your doug firs which is ironic since I grow in the doug fir capital of the world. The varieties you have are very rare and seldom seem available even by the more impressive nurseries. How long have you been growing these plants? That 'Kellerman's Blue Cameo' looks at least ten years old.

-Will

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Tue, May 8, 12 at 22:04

You sure have some fine choice conifers hiding out in your garden!

o

Thanks severnside, Cher, Will WA & Will WI.

severnside- Although the 'Elf' is a lighter green, spring finds it lighter than normal as it is usually buried in snow all winter.

Cher- Yes, 'Paper Lanterns' will get tall but it will be a bit narrow. 10x4 in 10 years.

Will- The doug firs came from Stanley ('Elf' and my unknown which came as 'Korina's Kudos') and from Bill Barger ('Happy Camper' and 'Ruth Alice'). I've only grown the dougs for about five years. 'Kellerman's Blue Cameo' came from Don Howse in '05 as a one gallon. Mail order conifers started for me in '98.

tj

o

Tj, wonderful photos and what beautiful combinations you have. I really like your Larix kaemferi 'Paper Lanterns'. It is adorable.

o

Great stuff tj! Especially like the photos labeled color and texture and the one with the A.p. 'Viridis' in it and of course I'm a fan of the P.m brooms, so I like those too. Who am I kiddin' they all look terrific,

Dan

o

I agree, there are a lot of choice plants shown.

Dax

o

nice

ken

o

Super Nice gardens and selections. 'Kellermans Blue Cameo'is on my radar screen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here