Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It was a good day!

Posted by harv2016 4 (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 17:49

Played hooky from work and decided to go to my favorite nursery and see what they had for new stock that might trip my trigger. Found this picea omorika 'de Ruyter' a plant that's been on my wish list since I saw it on this site. Nothing makes your day like a new freind for the garden

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It was a good day!

• Posted by dcsteg 5b Shawnee, KS. (My Page) on
    Thu, May 10, 12 at 18:14

Great find and a great friend to have.

That one looks like it has lived in that house for to long.

I am sure the roots will need to be sorted out.

Also sprinkle a little Osmocote on the planting area when finished. It has the look of being nutrient deficient. It should respond with better color and healthier foliage in 4-6 weeks.

Dave

o

One of the very best conifers, I still dream of having one but don't have the space now. I'm sure you'll derive a lot of pleasure from it. Well bought.

o

That's some good advice and well appreciated Dave. Got a place picked out, and it goes in the ground tommorow. Scored three great hostas to add to my hosta glade too. Had a tree peoney I really wanted but you got to stop some where

o

Nice buy!
Please change it's cultivar name in 'De Ruyter'.

o

Harv,

It's the best time of year for a day off from work without a doubt. :0)

Nice find, 'De Ruyter'. I recently acquired one myself and I know how hard it was to locate one (for me at least), and how happy I was when I did.

Enjoy planting!

Alex

o

Great color. Looks good contrasting with the greener spruce behind it.

o

Great buy... whenever I get some spare cash I'l take a trip to one of our local nurseries that offer rare stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here