Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melaroma

Where to plant Pink Double Delight in this bed...

melaroma
10 years ago

I created a new bed this spring and have just purchased three (for now) pink double delights in 1 gallon pots. I plan to purchase more as soon as I can find more. I have 2 ivory halo dogwoods planted with some salvia in front as I love the contrast of the variegated leaves with deep purples and deep pinks. I want to plant the pdd next to them but the space is quite big and I'm a bit unsure as to where best to place them. I also like the Razzmatazz which I understand is a bit taller than the pdd but on that same note I also like the coconut lime. I was thinking of planting a couple of either of those at the back of the bed with the pdd in front. One concern with the coconut lime coneflower is that it might get washed out being next to the dogwood.

I also plan on adding some agapanthus in the bed and am also unsure as to where best to plant those. I want to mass plant the ppd and which ever other coneflower I end up picking as well as the agapanthus. Close to the mail box I have a miss kim lilac and to the side of that I have some small daisies and some pestemon that can be moved if need be.

I have planted from right to left:
Limelight Hydrangea with four Common Thrift around the front, two Ivory Halo Dogwood, with three salvia's at the front and Aubrieta in between the salvia in a triangle, three pots of the Pink Double Delights, Miss Kim Lilac, Daisies and penstemon. I plan on planting a clematis next to the mail box and maybe some Lucerna blue eyed grass at the very front are of the mailbox (against the sidewalk) but am open to other options.

I am including a picture of the whole front yard so that you all can get an idea of what would look good with the rest. My house faces north but the new bed is in full sun except for the area directly in front/next to the pine tree that still gets about 6 good hours of sun.

Any suggestions?
{{gwi:217645}}

{{gwi:217646}}

{{gwi:217647}}

{{gwi:217648}}

Comments (9)