Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early morning

Very nice, sprucebud, and nice foxgloves too.

tj

o

Amazing photos, the interplay of conifers and perennials is truly magical.

o

I'm a big fan of foxgloves. Your conifers are getting big.

Dax

o

Your plants and setting are wonderful. The pictures really made me think I was in your garden this morning. Thank you.
Gary

o

Outstanding, Richard. Thanks for sharing.

o

Things look awesome Richard, the perennials and conifers mixed is splendid and we have similar tastes, Picea omorika and Abies procera are two of the very best amongst great conifers!

I love the golden vine climbing the tree in the backround. Is that a climbing Hydrangea or something else?

Thanks for sharing.

-Will

o

Lovely color combinations! Inspiring!

Thanks for sharing.

Robyn

o

Thank you very much for the positive comments. I am certainly pleased with how the garden is developing this year especially.
The golden vine is a golden hop which romps throughout the summer months and into autumn before dying back again in the winter. I also have two climbing roses in the same apple tree - one red and one white - which are also doing really well this year.
Richard

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 17:06

Your garden has made substantial strides in the last few years. Your conifers have grown especially fast.
Watch out for that golden Hop plant. It spreads by underground runners. Mine started popping up in a 4 meter circle from the original plant that went up in a White Pine tree. It got the Roundup treatment twice already this Spring. One more dose and I think I will have conquered it. I don't like vines that spread that fast underground.
Mike

o

Richard, your spruces are getting bigger indeed, so is your Abies koreana 'Kohout's Icerbreaker'!
Thanks for your colourful pics and I hope you will enjoy such early morning vieuws very ofen :0)

o

Breathtaking! I can almost hear your blues conversing across the lawn in picture 1. What a beautiful combination of conifers, maples, perennials, grasses. Something for every taste and season. What is the little blue guy on the stake in picture 5?

o

Super nice! Thanks for the tour. I plan to enjoy it again tomorrow morning, along with a cup of coffee!

o

"What is the little blue guy on the stake in picture 5?" Abies concolor 'Kalleberg's Weeping Blue'
Richard

o

Richard, you could be very proud to have one of this beautiful weeping Abies concolor.
It's still very rare, I'm always short in scions for propagation because the motherplant died in Norway after a transplant...

o

Edwin, yes, I am proud to have it. It seems to be growing well. Initially, the leader died but I have trained another section of the plant. I think it helps that the garden is on a slope for good drainage. I believe that is important especially for Abies concolor.
Richard

o

spectacular ...

i was going to say brilliant.. but that is so yesterday .. lol ...

morning.. is the one time.. i have no gumption to go take pix... and i never understood why ...

you need an impressionist painter in there ... i wonder if there is a camera setting or photo editor that would do that ... but i digress..

thx for the effort to show us

ken

o

How lovely! I love the foxgloves, too...such a great vertical element! Your garden is lovely, and I am amused that your A. concolor 'Kalleberg's Weeping Blue' caught my eye, too!

o

Although this post is a few days old, I like the images too well not to comment. That's really magical light that sprucebud chose to photograph his wonderful garden in!
-m

o

Your gardens are looking gorgeous Richard. The combos are all lovely and well made choices.
Cher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here