Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin_farr

Well...my order came in...BEWARE: heartbreaking photos attached

I mentioned I was interested in ordering from an online nursery (evergreenplantsnurseries.com) and posted here for any opinions/experiences on the website and the plants.

Shipping was slow due to the busy season and they didn't ship out for nearly 2 weeks which was fine since it was cold and rainy during this time. They were in transit for only 2 days and were planted 2 days after arrival. Soon after, I noticed browning...then more browning!

I emailed the company to see what was going on and they believe that somewhere along the line, they were left in the sun and got burned while in the box. This was suggested since on most plants, only half of the conifers are brown!

They issued a full refund despite it not being their fault and I plan on placing a replacement order with them again. I just wanted to share this experience. It's a shame about the conifers and it was recommended that I give them some time since they may bounce back (The Redstars are toast though). I'm not really knowledgeable with this so am wondering if I should just leave them the way they are or cut the brown branches or if I should just chalk them up as a lost cause and reorder everything new.

Also...Reingold was obviously a bigger conifers and thus got a little misshaped during transport...will it fluff up on its own or should I be doing anything special?

REDSTAR - day of planting

REDSTAR - 4 Days post planting

Wansdyke Silver

Plumosa Compressa Aurea

Heatherbun:

Reingold Globe:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor