Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rokal_gw

Help! Newly planted Alaskan Cedar Turning Brown

rokal
9 years ago

I had a weeping Alaskan cedar planted about a month ago and now some of the leaves are starting to turn yellow/brown. The tree is approx. 12 feet tall and was a recently dug B&B with a large root ball.

The landscaper damaged a few branches while installing and these are starting to turn brown. This is expected. However, some of the leaves on the other branches are starting to yellow. There is no obvious signs of damage to these branches. The yellowing is occurring from the inside out.

The plant is sited in full sun on a slight downhill grade. My property is mainly flat but this site is the lowest grade on my plot. The soil is sandy and drains well and I have been watering it several times per week (approx. 2 1/2 hours total per week). I do not believe this tree has been under watered. From my research, this tree is also tolerant of heavy soil and moisture. Therefore, I am hoping that it isn't receiving too much water.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is this just transplant shock or natural shedding or do I need to be concerned?

Thanks.

This post was edited by rokal on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 11:23

Comments (6)