Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcsteg

Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns' photo gallery

dcsteg
12 years ago

Let's do something a little different regarding photo gallery posts.

Post a photo of this cultivar only if you are growing it. Then again, I know some of you are setting on photos of of this cultivar grown else-ware. Post them also. 1 gal. to 20 ft plus.

I picked 'Pendula Bruns' to start things off because this is a unique conifer in stature. An impressive focal point conifer. No two are the same. This can change from year to year because of its unstable growing habit.

I'll get things started.

Dave

{{gwi:748508}}

Comments (10)

• firefightergardener
    12 years ago

Excellent, Dave! Many cultivars are so popular and so unique this seems like a perfect way to show their many shapes, forms and sizes. Surely you must do similar threads for plants such as Picea abies 'Pendula', Picea glauca 'Pendula', Abies Koreana 'Kohout's Ice Breaker' and so forth.

I can contribute several 'Pendula Bruns' specimens and though they are young and still getting their feet wet, they already show varied character and I am enjoying training them this way and that.

'Pendula Bruns' specimens:

A leaning tower in a pot. Someday perhaps I'll have to straighten it or weigh down the pot!

A double leader, weeper. The foliage just glows.

Another mutant.

Part-shade, doing well though doesn't want to go up straight!

-Will

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

I posted this in the Hosta forum. It goes nice with the hosta 'Glory'

tj

• maple_grove_gw
    12 years ago

I have a couple of these. They've both been in the ground for 2 years. Here's the first one, which is throwing off an interesting branch:

{{!gwi}}

Here it is in context, to illustrate the drama it creates:

{{!gwi}}

Pendula bruns #2 is sticking to the straight an narrow:

{{!gwi}}

• midwest_dave
    12 years ago

Looks good everyone, I can't wait for mine to get some size. In the meantime I'll represent the smaller side of 'Pendula Bruns'.

Early last spring:
    {{gwi:748519}}

and today:
    (terminal bud didn't push so I pulled up the next highest branch)
    {{gwi:748520}}

• gardener365
    12 years ago

Mine this morning:

Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns'

===============================================================

Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns' (Bickelhaupt Arboretum 2007)
    {{gwi:630323}}

===============================================================

Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns' (Rich's Foxwillow Pines 2007)
    {{gwi:653530}}

Dax

• lucretia1
    12 years ago

This one is a few years old, and really taking hold this year. Covered with new growth after a cool, damp spring.

{{gwi:748523}}

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

Just got this one this year, thanks everyone to pointing this out to be worth having. Bernd

• whaas_5a
    12 years ago

Bernd, now we just have to talk you out of the red mulch!lol!

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

whaas, red? that's light brown right now! I am cheap, spend $300 for a tree, but save $200 on mulch. I will have the color of mulch which will be on sale next spring. Bernd

• firefightergardener
    12 years ago

This specimen leaned over last year(despite staking attempts), and has now formed a dominant leader(going up and left). I may trim the other off so it doesn't get too crazy, though this seems acceptable in many cases.

-Will