Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Abies koreana Aurea -- diagnose problem

long cool spring.. no frost/freeze [odd for me here] ... 6 inches of rain in may.. on sand with complete drainage .... cool enough that everything was late in coming out for spring ...

then about the time everything budded out ... except pine... 3 days of 100+ heat ... and high humidity.. which lasted the rest of the week ... the meadow.. aka lawn.. went from lush and fast growing.. to browned out for summer in 5 days ....

2 weeks later.. i see the stuff below ... i see now.. in the pix.. its last years needles .... so i guess i should define winter .... winter was on the cold side of its normal 5a ... and consistent from december thru march [no horrible mid winter thaws] ... no winter warm periods .... and consistent 2 feet of snow.. and an ice storm or two .... the pix are around 4 to 5 feet up ... on the SW side ... the damage is not consistent around the whole tree.. that i noticed ...

that should get me past dans default number whatever.. not enough facts ... lol ...

whats your diagnosis .... i am favoring.. sunburn based on heat... what do you think

ken

{{gwi:751203}}

{{gwi:751205}}

Comments (5)