Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobfincham

Dianne

bobfincham
10 years ago

I'd like to thank Will for posting about Dianne in his Clanbrassiliana post. I thought I should mention something under her name since many of you may not have realized this information was there.

I lost Dianne to a brain aneurysm on Tuesday, June 18 at 6:50 PM. She was an organ donor and her ashes will be spread over the Puget Sound.

She was a force in the conifer world, much of it behind the scenes. I realize that many of you dealt with her through our business and got to know her voice and also that many of you visited at one time or another.

I will be a one person operation for the immediate future as I decide in what direction I want to go.

She enjoyed working with conifers but even more so loved working with conifer people. I am posting this message to say goodbye for her to her friends who did not get the message of her death through another way.

Bob

Comments (20)

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    10 years ago

My deepest sympathies, Bob. Even I, who never met her, could sense how much a part of you and your operation she was.

Sara

• Fiddlegal08
    10 years ago

Oh, so sorry, Bob! Dianne was such a faithful partner and a lady full of grace and strength. Praying for you...

• clement_2006
    10 years ago

I'm very sorry, all my condolences.
    Clement

• unprofessional
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear, Bob. Best wishes in this time of hardship.

• Cher
    10 years ago

My condolences to you Bob and all who knew her.
    Cher

• gardener365
    10 years ago

Bob, you're good people. I'm happy you had her for such a long time.

Dax

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    10 years ago

Bob, Sara hit the nail on the head for me in her post above. I also had the same sense of knowing someone without ever meeting them. Folks like Will, Dave and so many others have spoke of her in kind ways over the years...Im sure she was your special other half!
    Peace and prayers...
    Alan

• firefightergardener
    10 years ago

You have many MANY friends Bob, please don't hesitate to call if you need something or want assistance or just plain want to take a trip to get out of the house. We all realize the pain is intense but it's more than I can fathom. I mentioned Dianne, fondly, in my 'Clanbrassiliana' post because like so many, we had moments and shared time with Dianne and felt her warmth.

I didn't feel it was appropriate to make a centralized post for such a difficult part of life, especially since they were not my own kin or loved ones but I felt something should be mentioned.

We're there for you Bob and hope you make it through this difficult time as painlessly as possible...

-Will

• merlin
    10 years ago

I echo the sentiments of everyone, and offer my deep and heart-felt condolences. My email exchanges with Dianne were always, caring, insightful, and helpful.

• wannabegardnr
    10 years ago

My condolences.

• tunilla
    10 years ago

Wishing you courage and strenght. T.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Oh my, Bob. My prayers are with you. Having had the pleasure of meeting both of you and speaking with Diane on the phone, she will be missed. I always enjoyed the comments she'd put on packing slips about the conifers enclosed.

My deepest sympathies.

Tom

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    10 years ago

So sorry to get this news - only met Dianne once but was charmed by her :-) I too wish you strength and peace and my best wishes.

• botann
    10 years ago

So sorry Bob. A real shock to all that knew her.
    I too, only met her once, and was very impressed.
    Mike

• bobfincham
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Before this post drifts down off the page, I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind comments and thoughts. One of the nice things about her selling dwarf conifers is that whenever you see one in your garden purchased from us you will give her a brief thought.

Bob

• bobfincham
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Before this post drifts down off the page, I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind comments and thoughts. One of the nice things about her selling dwarf conifers is that whenever you see one in your garden purchased from us you will give her a brief thought.

Bob

• ogcon
    10 years ago

Face to face twice at ACS functions,immediate recognition
    of similiar interests,just a sweetheart of a person and a dear lady.Wish I'd known her longer.....Doug Wilson

• whaas_5a
    10 years ago

Takes alot of courage to post here on this. I fear losing my spouse more so than my own passing. I can't imagine life without her.

Cherish the memories you have of her and know that she is in a better place and would want you to carry on to life's fullest.

All I hear is that you and her have left lasting imprints with those around you. All one can ask for is to leave behind a legacy of respect and love.

• mesterhazypinetum
    10 years ago

She will be sitting on clouds and watching your interesting forest. Deepest condolences, Bob.
    Zsolt

• maple_grove_gw
    10 years ago

My most heart-felt condolences go out to you, and I'm wishing you the strength to carry on at this most difficult time.

I was just wondering, is/are there any plant(s) named after her?

Alex

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting