Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark00000

Pls help with Evergreen selection

markjg
9 years ago

Hi everyone! Im looking forward to adding a little more privacy to my backyard. Unfortunately it backs to the parking lot. Besides that it's a pretty sweet end unit townhouse outside of Annapolis MD ;)

I am looking into a evergreen to place in this location, it measures 8'L x 6'W. I park my car right in the spot right in front of this location and that's my walkway I use everyday. Something non prickly would be good ;)
There is a short evergreen bush that I can trim back a couple feet when the time came which would give me more room on the length of my location. I am looking to add privacy and more green foliage during the winter months. I want something that will grow 10' or more above my fence. There are many large trees in my neighbors backyards so something that is as tall as my townhouse would be fine. I think that's like 30' or so? I want something that will stand out. We have lots of cool trees in our small townhouse community. I have two large Emerald Arborvitaes that are getting close to 20' tall but they are still narrow at about 3 or 4 feet. As a reference, the fence sections in the pics are 8' wide and about 6' at its highest spot.
I was thinking a Thuja Arborvitae which I could keep trimmed, right?, American Arborvitae, two or maybe even three Emerald Arboritae. I want something that will be as wide as that fence sections.
Thank you

Comments (5)