Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tsuga canadensis Everitt Golden

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 21:31

anyone have a bigger one??? what's the biggest you've ever seen or found online ... links???

the irrigation line is 1/2 inch ... interior i think .. but you get the idea ...

the tricolor beech behind ... pancake in front .... and a grass weed

ken
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tsuga canadensis Everitt Golden

Ken, I have a tree bought as this that is about 7-8 feet tall. Very tight, upright and formal looking. The older it gets, the less yellow it is. It was planted about 25 years ago from a 5 gal. It's possible it is mislabeled. Sorry, no pictures.

o

this one is in full sun .. i bet yours was 25 years ago.. and now its in shade???

though tsuga can 'tolerate' shade.. key word there ... yellow coloration will suffer ...

ken

o

Ken, you are exactly right. It did have more sun, and room, 25 years ago. After I posted, I went and looked at the tree. It is actually about 10' tall, and would be compact if it wasn't crowded. I also googled it, and found a nice picture of Cj's. Looks just like mine except for his is nice and yellow and not crowded. So I guess mine is E's Golden after all. If yours is correctly labeled, it will make a leader. Mine is currently growing about 4 inches per year.

o

This is the one at my Pinetum, it's about 15 years old.
Tsuga canadensis 'Everitt's Golden'

o

more pix.. a few weeks earlier

the bare branches.. tell me.. there was some winter loss of needles .. it lost a lot of last year needles ... on the top.. as you can see winter sun/wind protected ones deeper inside ...

it was probably completely snow covered from jan thru mmid march ...
ken

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Ken, try to find a leader and stake it for a while...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here