o
The rest of the new babies

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 21:45

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Love them all in my flower beds now but will move to where they will be when they get a bit bigger...when i decide where to put them :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The rest of the new babies

Looking good! I especially like the Abies procera 'Sherwoodii', my baby one too is at the same stage of new growth.

o

i would pull back the mulch.. at least 3 inches from the trunks .... a bare patch, lets say ...

i would stake up the OD .. after snipping off the understock nub ... [BTW.. whats it next to?? .. or is that just an inverted pot??]

i've had problems with black/dark mulch .. in august.. the retained and increased heat.. might cook these tiny babes ... at worst.. causing sunburn ... you might pull the mulch even further back ...

otherwise.. super.. i bet your toes are tingling now.. lol

ken

o

Thanks severnside these were a Valentine present from dh and got 8 new mini hostas for mothers day....I love that man :)

Ken its next to a old milk jug...was my moms and it helps with shading a bit...why I chose that spot. I need to know exactly where the understock nub is your seeing? I think I see what your talking about but I think it is grafted to that nub?

Yeah I really love these I picked but this will probably be it for me...I have the hoopsii, walnut glen, and oh the one that turns bus yellow in winter u suggested long ago, ugghhhhhh why can't I think of name....oh well thought it was a gonner and then beautiful new spring flush this year and it is looking gorgeous! I think the od is the other u suggested and I like it alot, the way the needles fade color almost has a 3d effect....really cool. The rest I picked all on my own from want lists from peeps on this forum posting pics...thanks so much all for peaking my interest! Now I have found my conifer source and hostas source...all from the education I got from this site...thank u, thank u, thank u all!

o

Nice! I like the Picea orientalis 'Aureospicata'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here