Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Was looking at photos of the CO fire and thought of sluice...

Posted by greenhaven N Illinois 4b-5a (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 22:39

...anyone else affected by these bewildering fires? Does anyone know how sluice fares? There will be significant losses when these finally burn away.

This has really sobered me up this evening. Begs the question: how prepared are you for catastrophe? Know what you'll take? What you'll leave? Can you put a legal value on things (including your landscaping) you could lose to disaster?

I am not one to worry about every little thing, but I do believe in being prepared. How about you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Was looking at photos of the CO fire and thought of sluice...

Greenhaven, I'm doing fine, thanks for checking. There's quite a bit of devastation up in the mountains though. With regard to the trees, I'm pretty sure at least one of my favorite mother plants is gone. Will have to go and see for sure, after things settle down.

o

Glad you are safe from it so far. Hoping they get that thing contained soon.
Cher

o

Thanks for checking in, sluice, and that you are out of harm's way. The human impact is incredible.

o

There's quite a bit of devastation up in the mountains though.

==>> so basically.. a reason for another road trip.. when it all settles down .. lol ...

i was wondering about you to ..

ken

o

We had fire in our neighborhood about six weeks ago. One of my neighbors had a close call, but no damage to the house itself. The landscaping however...She had someone come out and the estimate to repair and replant was $25,000. She is contacting her insurance company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here