Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine tree needles turning orange

Posted by llhbeck 5 USA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 29, 09 at 10:10

The inside needles on one of my mugo pines are turning orange, that is the best color to describe what is happening. Some of my other pines have from time to time had this, some of the little trees died but some seem to have recovered. Is there anything I can do to make sure it does not spread to my other pines and keep this pine tree healthy. This mugo pine is about 25 years old.
Thanks for any help you all may come up with.
LB in Missouri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pine tree needles turning orange

interior browning is normal ... interior needles are shed between 1 and 3 years.. depending on type ...

interior browning is increased by drought last year.. severe winter.. or drought this year ...

and NORMAL if transplanted this or last year ...

life on these trees is all in this years fresh growth.. as long as that remains vibrant and green you are all set ... it is when those dull or turn brown.. that the fight is lost ...

it sure wouldnt hurt.. to add some water.. and some mulch .. if you arent providing such .. without overwatering ...

otherwise.. a picture is needed to further the diagnosis ...

good luck

ken

ps: orange is the color between green and tan dead brown ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here