Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
STRL Redwoods Photo Contest Vote 2011

Posted by mdvaden_of_oregon NW Oregon (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 11:08

Howdy. Not sure if any of you entered Save the Redwoods League 2011 Photo Contest. The STRL narrowed down over 500 pics submitted, to 10 finalists.

Figured the Conifer crowd might lend an edge to the Tree shots. I think kids might have a Facebook campaign going to drive creature shot votes, etc..

Let's see what folks from Conifer country like.

Voting Link: Vote 2011 Redwood Photo Contest

One photo is Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, taken the same day as finding Tsunami the tallest hemlock in the same park. It's one of the finalists.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: STRL Redwoods Photo Contest Vote 2011

Congrats on your pic. It's awsome and very nice work.

tj

o

Nice! keep up the good work

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 13:24

I looked at all the entries.
Yours wins.
Mike

o

Redwoods are my favorite plant in the world. There is a medium healthy one in the neighbors lot but they just trimmed it and it looks so scarse right now. I went to humboldt my first time a few months ago and it was the most beutiful thing I have ever seen. Too bad I don't have any good pictures of redwoods. That picture though is absolutely gorgeous.

o

Quote:

"I looked at all the entries.
Yours wins.
Mike"

Thanks Mike

The "Ranger" photo is also holding it's own against the Banana Slub "Creature" pic.

Go redwoods !!

o

Update

Looks like I'm still hanging onto 3rd by a slim margin this week. Thanks to those who took a moment to participate.

8 more days to go.

Cheers !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here