Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Four years of Abies pinsapo 'Atlas'

Posted by firefightergardener 7/8 (fletchonthemove@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 12:00

Referred to sometimes as WB#2(and also incorrectly as WB#7), hopefully Edwin can chime in a bit with more information. I believe these were found in Africa.

A very slow grower, one of the slowest pinsapos.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

-Will

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Four years of Abies pinsapo 'Atlas'

Will, the 'Atlas' was found by my German friend Guenter Eschrich as one of four witches' brooms of Abies pinsapo var. marocana, in Marocco, Afrika.

o

A beautiful 'Atlas'!!! I got mine approx. 2 yrs ago as well. When I recieved it, it was slightly larger. Its doing well here in my zone5/6 area.

o

I've had trouble grafting that son-of for some reason. I've gone thru about six scions, I recall.

Dax

o

I've had trouble grafting that son-of for some reason. I've gone thru about six scions, I recall.

Dax

From Cnos ; re- A.lasiocarpa 'Logan Pass'

It is very difficult to propagate since scions are at best about 60 mm (1/4") long with just a few needles.

Could this be the same problem Dax? Atlas is a similar scale minature.

I've just ordered one at long last.

This post was edited by severnside on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 14:14

o

Wood was probably not fresh. In other words, it had a fermenting smell to it. ;-)

Enjoy yours, #%@#

Dax

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here