Nioce blue color

Posted by toucanjoe z6PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 15:06

Pinus Paviflora 'Eiko Neshiki' Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nioce blue color

nice too .. lol

looks very happy ... is it potted like the ones behind???

thx for the pix

ken

o

That is a riot, brilliant!

o

Great color!

o

try to remember that sunlight ... or whatever the ambient lighting was.. because it makes the blue.. really pop ... when one doesnt have a very expensive camera .. ambient lighting becomes significant .... and knowing WHEN to take the pic.. becomes almost as important.. as actually going out and doing it ...

it would have even been better.. had it not been a white/tan wall behind .... have you considered painting such.. for our benefit alone.. lol ..

ken

o
Ken

Ken,it actually like this all the time,morning,evening,sun clouds,yesterday when i took the pic it was cloudy.

o
Forgot

Also it is not potted it has been planted there for 5 years.

o

That thing's awesome. Nice congested growth at the top that's going to explode.

The name is probably hyphenated Joe and nishiki versus neshiki. 'Eiko-nishiki'

Dax

o

when i took the pic it was cloudy.

==>>> exactly.. i can tell it was a bright cloudy.. and the glaucous white on the leaves.. is picking up the brightness.. of the clouds.. without bleaching out the blue by direct sun.. allowing the eye to see it all ...

believe it or not.. it has some potential there.. the darn trees just keep growing ...

in the next decade or so .. its going to infringe on that wall ...

unless you do some selective pruning behind.. so as to encourage it to grow out.. away from the wall ... the shape reminds me of my adcocks dwarf.. which is now.. 10 years later.. twice as big in every dimension.. which would put yours.. touching the wall ...

you might want to consider moving it.. which is why i asked if it was still potted ...

ken

o

Thanks Dax for correction.Ken i am going to move it soon as i develop that spot in the next year or so.

o

That's a very nice blue specimen!
It's true cultivar name is 'Ei-ko-nishiki'.

o

Beautiful plant!

o

Beautiful color on this one and is a great looking conifer.
Cher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here