Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bob Fincham tribute from his students

Posted by Fiddlegal08 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 20:11

If you haven't seen it, there's a very sweet tribute to Bob Fincham done by his students in honor of his retirement. Their invention landed in my hometown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5MS7xUjGI&feature=plcp

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Fincham tribute

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bob Fincham tribute from his students

That was too cool! What a neat tribute from his students. Apparently they have a great deal of respect for Bob as that was not a cheap project. Thanks.
Cher

o

there are those who do a job ...

and there are those who change the lives of their students ... for the better ... forever

it appears Bob is the latter ..

congrats on 40 years .. well spent ...

ken

o

Thanks for the link Fiddlegal!

And congratulations Bob!!

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 9:42

You can teach science, and you can teach the love of science.
Looks like Bob did both. A rare talent.
Congratulations Bob! A job well done.
Mike

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 9:43

You can teach science, and you can teach the love of science.
Looks like Bob did both. A rare talent.
Congratulations Bob! A job well done.
Mike

o

What those kids did speaks volumes about the man. I had teachers you wouldnt fly a kite for. Kudos to Mr. Bob Fincham!

o

That was great! Congrats to Bob - now he can really focus on educating all of us in Conifer U. ;^)

o

This touches me simply because my mother was a teacher and it's clear from watching it that his students LEARNED and appreciated what Bob had to offer. It's also clear that Bob is one of the 'cool' teachers and one that students were happy to see was on their schedule.

Way to go Bob, and the great students who made this, a great tribute indeed.

-Will

o

I saw this a few weeks ago on Facebook and want to say once again: happy retirement and you've done well.

Dax

o

What a great effort for a remarkable man!! Having met Bob (only once) and having thoroughly enjoyed his informative tales of conifer growing and exploration, it is not hard to understand why his students displayed such creativity and obvious affection in sending him on the path to the next stage of his life. A most inspirational and charming man :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here