Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcsteg

Pinus mugo 'Teeny' photo gallery.

dcsteg
12 years ago

Teeny Dwarf Mugo Pine will grow to be about 18 inches tall at maturity, with a spread of 18 inches. It tends to fill out right to the ground and therefore doesn't necessarily require facer plants in front. It grows at a slow rate, and under ideal conditions can be expected to live for 40 years or more.

In my opinion not very teeny.

Dave

{{gwi:778370}}

Comments (15)

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

Dave, as mentioned in the 'Sherwood Compact' topic, 'Teeny' is a synonym for that mugo pine cultivar...

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I am making the necessary changes as I learn about them.

Thanks,

Dave

• severnside
    12 years ago

So add synonyms to the mix now.

Lord.

;)

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As I said....I am making the necessary changes as I learn about them.

How can I add them before hand if I don't know about them?

That's where Edwin come into play.

Dave

• severnside
    12 years ago

No foul on you at all Dcsteg, I meant yet more for the perpetual neewb (me) to learn :)

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sevenside

Don't look to me for advice and correction.

I have some of the pieces in place but there are a lot of blanks still to be filed in.

My biggest issue is dealing with all the incorrect cultivar names. A big concern for me. One of the reasons I am posting all my cultivars here, there are others, is to sort this all out and at the same time update my cultivar database.

Bottom line: I still consider myself a newbie. I am open, and welcome all who want to contribute in getting it right.

Dave

• severnside
    12 years ago

You're doing exactly the right thing with these threads. Each one, with possibly some inevitable corrections, is banked. If everyone contributes pictures as well for any variations and mature specimens then it's there in Google search and forum search for everyone's use. Damn, what do you think I do in nurseries? I'm on my phone checking pictures and info on the web. Almost always from this forum. Saved me buying unsuitable baby monsters a few times. Keep on, the stack of knowledge can never be too big.

You a newb? Maybe relative to some but please, you're a conifer luminary.

• whaas_5a
    12 years ago

I'm not clear on the 'Teeny' vs 'Sherwood Compact'.

Is 'Teeny' also know as 'Sherwood Compact' even though there is a distict 'Sherwood Compact' cultivar?

Sorry if I missed the boat.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Yes, they are one and the same.

tj

• whaas_5a
    12 years ago

I don't get it. Two different cultivars just ended up being the exact plant with the same characteristics?

I thought AKA are common names?

I'm pushing because I bought a 'Teeny'.

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't get it. Look at both cultivars I posted here.

Sherwood Compact looks different the Teeny.

The Sherwood Compact has smaller needles with white around the buds. Not so with Teeny.

What am I missing here?

Dave

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

I only know what I'vre read from a number of sources. Here's one...

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Also Known As

• severnside
    12 years ago

Either way, whoever decided to also call it 'Teeny' is unfathomable. What's next, 'Twinky'?

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

When I compared both of Dave's photo's he was right that these look differend which made me to want to figger this out.

I was familiar with the info which Tommy provided of and always tought that this info was right, but unfortunately it isn't...

'Sherwood Compact' was found by Andy Sherwood from Portland, Oregon, U.S.

'Teeny' was found by Ed Lohbrunner from Vancouver Is, B.C. Canada.

So these 2 aren't the same, they're differend...

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Thanks, Edwin. Very helpful.

tj