Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Vignettes

Posted by tsugajunkie z5 SE WI (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 20:35

Everyone has at least one. Dave, Ken, Bluespruce, Dan, Mike (Botann) and Will among others have many that I've seen. Its a nice spot in the yard or property that draws your eye whenever you walk past or sit with it within eyeshot. Something that makes you, the gardener, say, "I like that grouping". So let's see you favorite conifer vignette-large or small. Here is mine.

Photobucket

Front: (l) Picea glauca 'Burning Well', Pinus flexilis/reflexa 'Comanche'

Arcing backwards: Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Nana', Picea glauca 'Cecilia', Picea pungens 'St. Mary's Broom', Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Splitrock'

Yellow in background: Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Aurea Pendula'.

Picture is a bit misleading. The 'St. Mary's Broom' is set back and is about a yard wide while the 'Cecilia' is about 18 inches wide.

tj

P.S. To Resin, etal, natural groupings welcome as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Vignettes

This is one of my favourites from our old yard. We moved from this house about a year ago.

Photobucket

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 8:02

As you know, I am more of a designer than a collector, but sometimes my collector mind interferes with my design mind.
I've posted this picture before, but it might be of interest to some that are new to this Forum.
Mostly conifers

Conifers

A bit crowded and busy, but a delight to walk through.
Conifers
Mike

o

All very nice and well thought out.

A good place to pull up a chair and kick back.

Dave

My shady, cool place. A micro climate totally different from the rest of the garden...Dave
5-20-2011

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 16:53

Dax, I was going to plant a 'Fire Ball' burning bush behind my P. pungens 'Glauca Globosa'...that pic may have sealed the deal.

Only a Juniper and Pine grace this pic
Photobucket

o

Photobucket

That big old Pine in the background was the last of my large conifers. I had to have it removed this year because it eventually lost all the branches on the far (North) side, and most of its weight was aimed at the house. It was victimized by wet late winter snowstorms and high winds for years, and I couldn't take the chance.

36" DBH and it's now a huge pile of pine chips.

It was a neighborhood landmark, and a great source of pine straw. RIP.

o

Nice pix folks. Thanks for sharing. Great pic of Old Glory with an old pine, Donn. I'm sure there's more out there. Hope to see more.

tj

o

Certainly more folks have some nice combos. I was hoping to get more ideas. Here's another view of mine that I enjoy.

Photobucket

Let's see some more.

tj

o

view from the bridge

o

Mike I hadn't seen those shots before. What an absolutely gorgeous area.

mark

o

A couple shots I enjoy from my gardens.
Photobucket

Photobucket

-Will

o

Photobucket

The photos above are terrific.
Gary

o
Favorite Vignettes.

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 9:58

Foggy morning

Afternoon light
This last one is for you who are suffering from too much heat.
Mike

o

Haha Mike. WOW. I mean, have you copyrighted these so they are not used for wall art and painters? LOL

Just stunning. Different and better then the other gardens here because it all looks so damn natural.

-Will

o

OK....it's official.......Seattle sucks !! ;-)

mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here