Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picea pungens 'Sester Dwarf' photo Gallery.

Posted by dcsteg 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 21:08

This cultivar is considered a top notch performer. It has a beautifully symmetrical growth habit, extremely blue needle color and excellent performance in challenging planting sites. 'Sester Dwarf' makes a superb specimen giving its yard a "big tree" feel in a small space. Dwarf growth rate; expect the tree to grow 4-6" annually. 15ft. x 6ft. wide. Zones 3-8.

Dave

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picea pungens 'Sester Dwarf' photo Gallery.

Nice! Keep all these great pics coming!

o

• Posted by chohio 5-6 Dayton Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 7:26

I love this particular one and am enjoying the photos too.
Cher

o

Me too!!! I haven't got much time to participate in anything right now,but -rest assured- I'm peeping in and appreciate the pics of all these wonderful plants wich are being posted by yourself and others. Many thanks! T.

o

Thanks, T

Always good to hear from you.

How's the cactus farm?

Dave

o

Hi Dave.The Cacti and other xerophytic plants are doing just fine with the sunny hot summer weather we're enjoying ( 34�C / 90+ F). We might get some much needed rain tomorrow. We are a bit worn out from the spring plantshow-touring, but are getting our backs into the garden & house again . We only work in the greenhouse during the morning - in the afternoon it's as hot as it is in the states where you and other posters live.Way too hot for a northerner like me. Lots to do and never enough time...know what I mean? I try to get up at five in the morning and get a days work done by 1 pm. But that means going to bed early .Nightime is so refreshing in the mountains!Hope the temps drop for all the suffering gardeners and,most of all, that you don't suffer too many losses. This can be very disheartening, I know.
Until then,cheers! T.

o

Nice speciman Dave, wish mine would get a move on too! :0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here