Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tsuga canadensis' Gentsch White' photo gallery

Posted by dcsteg 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 21:20

Discovered by Long Island nurseryman Otto Gentsch many years ago, this globe-shaped shrub displays variegation similar to 'Frosty' but is a bit faster-growing with more cream-colored branch trips that are especially colorful in fall and winter. Annual shearing promotes fresh new color and helps maintain the compact form. Like all hemlocks it prefers partially shaded conditions and moist but well-drained soil.

Dave

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tsuga canadensis' Gentsch White' photo gallery

Very nice. Mine's getting there. I like your companion plants also.

o

I really do like the Hemlocks with frosty white growth. This one is especially nice.

o

....and in regions with lots of snow in the winter, this plant requires wrapping to prevent it being flattened by heavy snow/ice load.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here