Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to posting

Posted by hostagreencare ME 5a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 22:33

closer view of centerbed I have been lurking for a while just learnig how to post pictures. I have quite a conifer collection.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to posting

New to posting but not new to conifer gardening.

Beautiful...but let's see the rest of it.

Welcome, and thanks for posting you first photo. No need to lurk anymore.

Dave

o

Hey hey, more nice pictures to come I bet!

o

Ok here's more I have been collecting hosta and conifers for about twenty five years. It's hard gardening in the north with the snow load we get most, need protection from heavy snow. mini conifer bedlate sprngLate fall

o

So peaceful looking, a very nice collection. The algae/lichens on your bench (if that's what I see) would indicate good clean air.

o

• Posted by chohio 5-6 Dayton Ohio (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 7:54

Lovely gardens. Great designs to blend with the background. Looks like you've added some minis in there.
Cher

o

hey

where have you been hiding.. super garden ...

first.. great pix ... make sure you hit the ENTER .. or return after each pic code.. so they go down the page.. instead of across ...

second.. little hypertufa planter in first pic ... with a conifer in it.. how do you protect that???

thx .. come back often ...

ken

o

WOW, great. I love the hosta/conifer combinations - there are others here(tj comes to mind) that pull this off nicely as well. Your gardens are super lush, it looks like you're in a rainforest!

And indeed - come back often.

-Will

o

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Ken: Thank for the advice on the enter didnt know that im learning as i go.That tufa planter is four years old. To over winter it i place it under a bench then wrap it with bubble wrap the shiny silver kind.It works great. Severnside: Yes that bench is covered with elk moss its been there fifteen years or more.

o

you wrap just the pot..

or the plant and all??

so.. the bench.. full shade.. wrapped so the pot doesnt warm in winter sun...

and shall i presume.. in ME... covered mostly with snow, usually???

ken

o

Looks nice and peacfull... job well done!

o

Yes i wrap the whole plant and the bench. We get a lot of snow so the isue is just keeping the temp constant though the winter.Also keeping standing water out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here