Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wexgardener

Cypress Tree Poisoning

wexgardener
10 years ago

My cypress hedge was posioned by 3% roundup solution used to clear bramble growing inbetween it more than a month ago.The hedge divides my garden and my neighbours.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9249904...7634086079977/

now the browning has ceased climbing down the branches and most of them have plenty of green left on them and I have been watering them during the current dry spell to prevent further browning.I am wondering:

(1)Is there any way to salvage the hedge and should I prune the remaining brown patches to aid in recovery and if so how low down the branch would be dangerous in killing the plant/branch.My main concern is will poisoned branches that have browned grow back or will they grow back.Also in the case of branches where the browning is at the tips will they grow back without cutting them
(2).How long do I have to wait in order to expect a recovery
(3).Would giving the hedge nitrogen rich fertiliser such as miracle gro aid in the recovery of the hedge
(4)Should I remove the hedge entirely and then put up either a wooden fence so as to put up climbing flowers or is there any good replacement fast growing evergreen hedge.Ive heard of an evergreen scented cedar pine but cant remember the name.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES