Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ireena_7

Summer 2013 in my garden

ireena (zone 5-6)
10 years ago

I am a long time did not attend the forum... But I missed it very much:) There were some changes in my life... Then was my summer vacation, when I start to create my new garden in the totally wild meadow . This is not to go fast, since I'm using only my two hands (and my husband two hands sometimes) and a shovel :) There no electricity, no garden machinery, no irrigation. All so that the old days:)

But I will tell it all in a separate post.

Here are some pictures of my little garden. It has become like the warehouse:)) No more beautiful compositions.... For some time, it will look awful. It will be a big transplantation. All winter-hardy plants I relocating to a new Pinetum. In my small garden will remain only protected plants for zone 6-7. My new Pinetum is located in zone 5...

Picea abies 'Frohburg'

Abies concolor 'La Veta'

Picea abies 'Luua Parl'

Taxus baccata 'Washingtonii'

Cryptomeria japonica 'Monstrosa Nana'

Picea omorika 'Bruns'

Picea omorika 'Peve Tijn'

My overcrowded front bed:)

Picea omorika 'Nana' - finally feels good:)

Pinus strobus 'Umbraculifera'

Jungles....:)

I hope it was not too long and I will not made you exhausted:)

Ireena

This post was edited by Ireena.7 on Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 2:22

Comments (16)

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

Ireena,

Crowded is about the worst adjective I would use to describe your fantastic collection of superb specimens. A lot of very hard work resulting in a grand display.

Jon

• outback63 Dennison
    10 years ago

Ireena

I often wondered what happened to you as you quit posting.

Welcome back.

Your garden, conifer cultivars and deciduous plantings are stunning. So well cared for.

If in the states your garden is worthy of a ACS tour for sure.

Good luck establishing your new Pinetum. It will be a long drawn affair but worth it. Something to behold for sure 20 years down the road.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Dave

• botann
    10 years ago

Your 'warehouse' looks a lot better than mine!
    I enjoyed your pictures very much. Your plants have grown a lot in just a short time. I remember you posted pictures of your garden when it was flooded.
    Nice walkway!
    Mike

• ricksample
    10 years ago

Looks awesome! I really enjoy the group and farther away shots... haven't seen to many of those posted this year for some reason... mostly just close-ups

• whaas_5a
    10 years ago

Real nice! I bet your glad you have that new Pinetuem to relocate some of those plants. They sure want to grow don't they!?

Your Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns' is likely just 'Bruns'.

• sugi
    10 years ago

Congratulation You have a beautiful garden!
    All plants seems very healthy!

Julien

• Cher
    10 years ago

Your gardens are stunning as usual. I can't imagine having to move any of that beauty, but realize they are going to keep growing bigger and have to make some decisions. Your pinetum will be great watching it grow.
    Cher

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Thank you for the update and welcome back, Ireena. Very healthy looking plants you have there.

tj

• blue_yew
    10 years ago

Very nice Ireena

• dansgrdn
    10 years ago

Enjoyed the tour of your beautiful garden Ireena and envious of your new property to transplant some of your beautiful specimens. Have fun with your new project, I'm sure it will be a very rewarding one.

Dan

• zephyrgal
    10 years ago

Ireena, thanks for the tour. Please tell us, for those whom may have forgotten, where are you located? Your plants look healthy and happy and beautifully arranged. Please keep us posted.

• coniferjoy
    10 years ago

Hey Ireena, your garden is looking good it's full of nice colours (and some familiar conifers in pot).

Will (Whaas) is right about your Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns' which is in reality a Picea omorika 'Bruns'.
    This is because it will not weep and it's upper needles are curved so a more silvery shine will appaer.

I wish you lots of luck and joy to create your new Arboretum!

• sluice
    10 years ago

Wonderful! Thanks for the tour.

• dietzjm
    10 years ago

Beautiful garden, Ireena! There is so much to see and explore. How old is your garden? It seems nicely established.

Matt

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you ALL for your words of appreciation! It pleases me very much. Even though my garden is so small that it can fit in 4-5 photos.... And the next photo will only send after year:))))

I also always thought that my garden is very modest in comparison with magnificent gardens that I see in this forum.

But I want share with someone. I do not have a lot of friends and visitors, who are interested in conifers... We in Latvia also do not have such a popular forum. Therefore, you all are my friends and visitors:)

Thank you Will for the correct name of my omorika... The seller had doubts about the name, but sold it as a 'Pendula Bruns'. Now I have all 3 -' Bruns', 'Pendula' and 'Pendula Bruns'.

Zephyrgal - my garden is located in Latvia, near the Baltic sea. Directtly opposite Sweden. To the north of me is the only Estonia and Finland.

Edwin - your eye is always very accurate! Now I am no longer afraid to buy an unknown varieties, because I know - I will always be able to identify them. Yes, in my garden is many well-known pots:) This my journey to you will be a separate post!

This summer was rich with trips. I was visiting Mira Malik wonderful properties, which will also be a separate reportage. For my part I will show his beautiful garden views, because Zsolt Mesterhazy was reported about Conifer Meeting and separate plants. And I also visiting a very beautiful Borovets garden. They were both in the Czech Republic.

Matt, I get started in 1990-92, but it was not a conifer garden. There was everything. Also, strawberries and vegetables. And a lot of flowers. Conifers gradually gained the upper hand. But then we rebuilt our old small house and garden had all been dug. This, new garden is 5 years old. Only a few trees are left in place. All the rest had to be moved. I wanted to combine harmoniously conifer collection garden with nice design... But now there is left cluttered .. But since I'm not going to stop collecting, presenting the idea of âÂÂâÂÂa new large garden.

Thank you all, Ireena:)

• Windhaven
    10 years ago

Your gardens are so very beautiful. I can see the love in your plants, they are so healthy looking. Please share more photo's and more information when you have time. I can't wait to see the photo's of your new Arboretum!