|I am growing some 40 cultivars of Sciadopitys verticillata in Norway. Precipitation 1800 mm, years (average). 6,3 C. Extremes: -20 C - + 34 C.
I have been collecting plants for 40 years. Especially conifers and magnolias.
Especially interested in pendulous forms of Sciadopitys, and multitepaled forms from Oyama section; magnolias.
I have sciadopitys verticillata also the cultivar pigmea
|Best rating 5 asterix (*****) |
A. Sciadopitys verticilla cultivars in my collection, N-4438 Sira, Norway.
‘Ann Haddow’ 2003, 2 plants available. From Arboretum Trompenburg (syn. ‘Aurea Trompenburg’) Yellow. variegated form. Orange colored branches. Spectacular. ****
This old list is not updated. I have more cultivars now.
|Hi magnolavastic- |
There is a pendulous form that is S.v. 'Hinge Form' that seems very nice. You have quite an impressive collection of Sciadopitys. I only have 5, but my 2 favorites are 'picola' and 'sternschnuppe I'. I was suprised to see that you rated 'Mecki' so highly(5 stars). From the photos that I have seen- it seems rather plain. I will have to reconsider for a possible future purchase.
I am very interested in your decsription of 'Ann Haddow'- is this a dwarf or full size cultivar?
Do you know Dennis Dodge/Bethlehem Nursery? He has an extensive inventory of Sciadopitys. I put a link to his website below.
It would be nice if you could post some photos of your cultivars. Many of the forms in your colection are rarely seen by anyone except diehard enthusiasts.
Here is a link that might be useful: Bethlehem Nursery
|Sciadopitys verticillata 'Ann Haddow' is a full size Sciadopitys. 'Hï¿½ngeform' (in the US 'Hingeform') is a showy form as the shoots is pendulous, not the whole tree. Easy to grow. I know the Bethlehem Nursery. My old 'Sternschnuppe' is between 3 and 4 m tall now. One of the largest available.|
Return to the Conifers Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.