|I am growing some 40 cultivars of Sciadopitys verticillata in Norway. Precipitation 1800 mm, years (average). 6,3 C. Extremes: -20 C - + 34 C.
I have been collecting plants for 40 years. Especially conifers and magnolias.
Especially interested in pendulous forms of Sciadopitys, and multitepaled forms from Oyama section; magnolias.
I have sciadopitys verticillata also the cultivar pigmea
|Best rating 5 asterix (*****) |
A. Sciadopitys verticilla cultivars in my collection, N-4438 Sira, Norway.
‘Ann Haddow’ 2003, 2 plants available. From Arboretum Trompenburg (syn. ‘Aurea Trompenburg’) Yellow. variegated form. Orange colored branches. Spectacular. ****
This old list is not updated. I have more cultivars now.
|Hi magnolavastic- |
There is a pendulous form that is S.v. 'Hinge Form' that seems very nice. You have quite an impressive collection of Sciadopitys. I only have 5, but my 2 favorites are 'picola' and 'sternschnuppe I'. I was suprised to see that you rated 'Mecki' so highly(5 stars). From the photos that I have seen- it seems rather plain. I will have to reconsider for a possible future purchase.
I am very interested in your decsription of 'Ann Haddow'- is this a dwarf or full size cultivar?
Do you know Dennis Dodge/Bethlehem Nursery? He has an extensive inventory of Sciadopitys. I put a link to his website below.
It would be nice if you could post some photos of your cultivars. Many of the forms in your colection are rarely seen by anyone except diehard enthusiasts.
Here is a link that might be useful: Bethlehem Nursery
|Sciadopitys verticillata 'Ann Haddow' is a full size Sciadopitys. 'Hï¿½ngeform' (in the US 'Hingeform') is a showy form as the shoots is pendulous, not the whole tree. Easy to grow. I know the Bethlehem Nursery. My old 'Sternschnuppe' is between 3 and 4 m tall now. One of the largest available.|
Return to the Conifers Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here