Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sequoia Silver tip

Posted by zephyrgal 8 NW Oregon (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 12:18

Greetings, Anyone growing Sequoia Silver Tip and could enlighten me as to growth requirements? I picked up a gallon size for $10.00. Seemed like a good deal at the time. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sequoia Silver tip

Can you post a photo

Thanks

o

Yes, you can look in the folder titled "trees" at my Webshots photo albums. Take a look and don't be surprised to see ice in the pots. The poor trees were very thirsty and after watering I added ice in the pots for a slow melt. I picked up this collection of plants at bargain prices. Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: kyotegal's photos

o

Looks a lot like Sequoiadendron giganteum ' Albospica'.. google pictures of that.. If it is that, it is a compact irregular globe with white shoot tips, reaching 4 ft. tall and wide in 10 years.

J

o

Thanks taxo-man. Indeed that's what it looks like, Sequoiadendron giganteum "Albospica". Good call!

o

Yep a variegated Sequoiadendron from your photos.

o

Your welcome! $10 seems like a great deal too. : )

J

o

There are 2 white variegated cultivars in the trade. Irregulary, bushy this ia Albospica. When it will get a strong leader and conical habit it is ' French Beauty'.
Yellow variegated it is called ' Variegatum'.

Wolfgang

o

Wolfgang, Thanks for this additional info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here