Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gallery background color.

Posted by dcsteg 5b Shawnee, KS. (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 16:29

I had my Cedrus cultivars in my garden post moved to the gallery. I decided that is where it belongs. All further photos of my garden will be there.

I also asked for a green or white background. If you don't like the green you can blame me but that's what we are all about. Green 24/7/365.

Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gallery background color.

This is amateur hour now. White for discussion and a colour backgound for the galleries.

White, black or a grey shade is the standard background for pictures. Can anyone guess why that is?

o

• Posted by dcsteg 5b Shawnee, KS. (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 18:25

sevenside why don't you contact GW and ask for the color that will make you happy. While your at it tell them all the things that your unhappy about concerning the forum. We have heard it all here so its time for you to go for it and see what you can do.

I have nothing against amateurs This forum has plenty of them. This is the place to get answers and increase your knowledge about conifers.

It's time to take a deep breath and move on.

Dave

o

I made a thread asking for white to balance the two sides out for more acceptance and be the best background for the pictures. This was to make the galleries a go of it now that the split is permanent and policed. Three people agreed and you suggested green and got it unilaterally. Seems a lot has happened lately due to the vocal minority...

I swallowed the (unneccesary) split and made my suggestions for the galleries which is where I'll mostly be. That's all GW need to know.

o

Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 22:10

But did you contact them personally and ask for white back ground? Talking about it without going to the source will get you nothing.

I have nothing against white. In fact I asked for white or green.

I mean...come on were not doing a art show here. Check out my thread. I personally think the green back ground with the garden photos is pleasing. But what the heck do I know. Give mean any color. I will go with it.

Dave

o

Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 4:59

severnside

There you got your white back ground.

Dave

o

Wow, it's like being on the first page. I bet people will have no problem flipping now as it all looks the same.

Try it folks!

Thanks Dave...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here