Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bollywood Breakdance Video Conifers

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 17:43

Someone has to make the really weird posts around here. I'm willing to be that guy.
I found this hilarious Bollywood video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao5CKLr9NGQ

Any idea what the picturesque conifers toward the start of the video could be? Especially around 25 seconds into the video, there's a brief scene with this:

I'm thinking this must be in at least the Western Himalayan mountains, if not Kashmir, because of the obvious mid-altitude snowfall. IIRC there's more winter precip. the further west you go in the Himalaya. I'm thinking this is some kind of fir? Abies pindrow? They certainly take the "random disheveled clumps of foliage" look to an extreme.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bollywood Breakdance Video Conifers

well ...

thats 4 minutes and 32 seconds of my life i will never have back ....

ken

o
RE: even better

waste a few more minutes.. and read the plot line....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

i think this video was shot in the same area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AHq78O7BX0

may provide better look at the trees

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AHq78O7BX0

o

Ken sorry about the lost 5 minutes of your life - that's why I posted the screenshot. (which took about 3 minutes of mine...)
[Ken slaps forehead with hand]

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 21:24

What I want to know is why you kept watching it past the first 10 seconds!

o

Ok, well, nothing to say about the conifers, but, the video that hogmanay posted the link to, well, as if the video was not funny (terrible) enough, has anyone read the subtitles? I think its supposed to be what it is supposed to sound like in english. O-M-G!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I think I just spit out my drink all over the place and peed my pants!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! LAMO!!!! Gotta say, this is the LAST thing on the planet i ever expected to find on this forum while sitting here reading it at 4:47am. God, now I cant stop laughing!

o

What I want to know is why you kept watching it past the first 10 seconds!

===>>> and that is a mystery left to the ages ...

ken

ps: it gets even worse.. i clicked on the Indian version of thriller..

and that is when i had enough ... lol ...

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 10, 11 at 16:17

I did the same thing! Of coure after watching the bollywood video for only 10 seconds, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here