Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From the hill looking down

Posted by zephyrgal 8 NW Oregon (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 19:48

I haven't posted for awhile as some of you may already be familiar with my gardens. This year the growth has been phenomenal and I realize I may have to remove and/or cut back limbs to allow room. However, since the property is up for sale I hesitate to do anything and let the new owners deal with the overgrowth. But no one is offering to take over and I may just have to deal with the crowded trees and shrubs. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the views from above and have learned a lesson and the next time I have the opportunity to create a conifer garden I'll spread the trees further apart. It's amazing how much growth can happen in just a few years. I also welcome anyone visiting our area to stop by and take a look.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From the hill looking down

Nice view!
I see why you limbed up those Thuja plicatas on the left.
Things have grown fast, haven't they?
Mike

o

Hey Mike, BTW, an email was sent to you regarding the Oregon Gardens. I have extended an invite to you and yours to visit us in Wheeler and perhaps spend an evening enjoying a sunset. We limbed the Port Orford Cedars due to root rot and that is something to discuss, not something we really wanted to do, yet, no other choice. And yes, growth has exploded this year, now to decide what to remove and what to remain. Thanks for the comments.

o

Welcome back, Z. I have a similar dilemma with spacing, but our severe winter opened some holes for me to fill.

Nice shot.

tj

o

spacing... schmasing ... lol ..

who knew they were the trees they actually are.. and would keep growing for eternity .. lol ...

where are the rest of the pix.. lol .... thanks for this one ....

ken

o

We will try to make it to see you. No definite plans yet. We will be staying near Mt. Hood for a week. Welches near ZigZag.
Mike

o

Anytime, Mike.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here