Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scross4_gw

Source for Wollemi Pine

scross4
13 years ago

Hello, I have been looking for an online or local source for a Wollemi Pine with no luck.

The site http://www.ancientpine.com does not seem to be active anymore and cannot find anything else around.

If anyone has any information on where I can get a Wollemi Pine either online or locally around the Philly/New York area, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments (10)

• georgeinbandonoregon
    13 years ago

www.jurassicplantsnursery.com apparently has them for sale---but they are expensive (199.00). plantdelights nursery has sold them but they are currently out of stock.

• scross4
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, talked to Jurrasic Plants and they can not ship to the US. Plant Delights told me that they are not going to offer it again due to lack of interest.

Thanks

Any other ideas?

• dirtslinger2
    13 years ago

Good luck, as they make an excellent house plant too. Every once in awhile they show up at garden centers, ranging from $60-120.

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    13 years ago

Ive been searching for one of these now too, for almost 5 years with no luck. Not sure why some places like plant delights would not special order something like this for those that want it. They still are going to make money on it. Ideally I would like to buy one where my money went to conservation efforts though. If anyone knows of any places we can by them, please let us know. Ive

• fhollingshead
    13 years ago

Cycad Center at 760-723-8092 cycadcenter@msn.com has multiple sizes starting at 1 gal for approx $50. They ship and they grow their own in Australia. I've spoken to Bruce during the whole Birkdale Nursery trademark debacle and he seemed a cool dude. He didn't have any in stock when I needed one so I bought mine from Nat Geo; it's growing well here in Berkeley. Apparently they've done well into the teens Farenheit temps. BTW their website www.cycadcenter.com isn't currently working; they're fixing it. Hope this helps.

bluekauri

• cryptomeria
    13 years ago

I have two Wollemias outside and this is the second winter in the Northern of Germany. But last winter there was very much snow. So I cannot say much about hardiness. -15�C last winter was the deepest and both are still alive.
    In Germany is no problem to buy Wollemias every time.

Wolfgang

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    13 years ago

thanks for all the great info! Ill give cycadcenter a call and see what they say. Hopefully I can get ahold of one finally and give it a try. I think I would only try it as a potted specimen here. Our summers are very hot and humid, and winters are mild to cold and run from humid to very dry. Im a zone 8a or warm 7b here where I am. I know there are a few around here that are outdoors that so far have been ok. There is one at the US Botanic Garden though it is in a greenhouse. I have a good sized sunroom where I have lots of things successfully growing. I keep the humidity in the winter around 50% in here. Occasionally it will dip to 30% or rise to 60%. The room does fluxuate in temps about 5-7 degrees or so between day and night, especially during winter, but gets full sun all day long in most of it. I'm not really looking for a yard specimen anyway here. A container that can be moved around is best for me for this particular tree.

• Paul
    8 years ago

There are a few available for sale on eBay.

• Nathan Woodring
    2 years ago

I have 5 trees from ones i purchased years ago.