Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ireena_7

My little garden in large changes.

I am finally back to GW:) This year was full of great changes. I start to create my new project - a big Pinetum in the wide area... Lot of my old and hardy conifers was replanted to a new area. There is more continental climate - zone 5... My little garden is located near the sea in zone 6. Now it is developing into a kindergarten:)

My dogs are very smart now and I was able to remove the fences from the beds. So many plants were removed to Pinetum, I was able to replant my babies from the pots. I use a lot of stones - then my dogs understand when is bed border...

These are just temporary plantings. When conifers grow larger, they will be transplanted to the Pinetum. Only less hardy plants will remain in my little garden. And of course some old and big conifers - wich I can't dig out:)

Hope it was not too much, Ireena

Comments (19)

• Garen Rees
    9 years ago

Love the Pinetum and your smaller garden. Thank you so much for the photos. You can never share enough. Encore

• Sara
    9 years ago

Wow, looks amazing! I have a small garden, too (and a long way to go.) What kind of Larix(s) do you have? Thought I spotted two...

• wannabegardnr
    9 years ago

I always think your garden is very beautiful.

• mikebotann
    9 years ago

Ireena, you are making very good progress. It looks very nice.
    I have holding areas also.
    Good name, kindergarten.
    Mike

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Never too much, Ireena. Thank you for the show and the update on your progress.

tj

• jarpe
    9 years ago

Your conifer garden looks absolutely beautiful and perfectly taken care of.
    Your effort will pay off even more when those beauties grow more!

• Lily777
    9 years ago

Love it!

• plantkiller_il_5
    9 years ago

Ireena,,,,,really breathtaking ,,,,it's so nice to see larger specimens of small plants.

what's going on with crazy hair on standard in pic 3 & 4
    ron

This post was edited by plantkiller.il.5 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 21:11

• zephyrgal
    9 years ago

Ireena, you are truly an inspiration to conifer gardeners. Thank you for posting here and in the Gallery. It shall be enlightening watching your pinetum grow. I can only wish I had the land to conjure my dream plantings. You and your gardens are a gem!

• kathy_il
    9 years ago

Beautiful! What an inspiration!

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry for my late replay... I want to thank everyone for such nice words!!:) I am glad that you like my garden pictures.

I've made âÂÂâÂÂa lot of inspiration from this forum. Here I got to know a lot of grate gardener (and their gardens) and I gained a lot of experience and advices!

Ron, this "crazy hairs" is Larix decidua 'Puli'.

Sara, I have some Larix in my collection-

Larix decidua âÂÂHorstmann RecurvedâÂÂ
    Larix decidua âÂÂKòrnikâÂÂ
    Larix decidua âÂÂPendulaâÂÂ
    Larix decidua âÂÂPuliâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂBohlikâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂBlue DwarfâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂBlue RabbitâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂCupidoâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂDianaâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂGrey PearlâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂKrejÃÂiâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂPevé TunnisâÂÂ
    Larix kaempferi âÂÂStiff WeepingâÂÂ
    Larix laricina âÂÂHannaâÂÂs BroomâÂÂ
    Larix laricina âÂÂMighty MushroomâÂÂ

Going to put pictures in the gallery....

Thanks, Ireena

• Sara
    9 years ago

Ireena - Thanks for posting your Larix cultivars. I don't have any of those and I am definitely inspired looking at your photos. I will have to do some research and look up information regarding those that you listed. (Which quite honestly will be a nice endeavor for this winter when I'm cooped up and selecting spring plants.) I also read your post regarding your other Pinetum - all of your gardens are wow! Very beautiful thanks for sharing :)

Sara

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

Amazing! Beautiful!

• newestEngland
    9 years ago

Beautiful.
    In the last picture, what are those two little bright green plants?

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you:)

Two bright plants are Sciadopitys verticillata âÂÂGoldammerâ and 'Golden Rush'.

Ireena

• newestEngland
    9 years ago

Thought they looked like Sciadopitys, didn't realize it came in different varieties. They're adorable little plants.

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    9 years ago

Ireena, Always a treat to see your beautiful gardens. Thanks for bringing us up to speed.
    And nice to see you back on here and posting!

Al

• blue_yew
    9 years ago

I like it Ireena

• conifer_rick Quigley
    9 years ago

An excellent conifer collection Ireena!
    - Rick

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor