Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinus densiflora Burkes Red Variegated and 'Cesarini's Variegated

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 9:20

not much difference between the two.. unless you have a lot of space ...

ken
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and z5 winter burn .. of which a lot of the needles simply fall off .. the key to life being the bud extension ...
Photobucket

not much different to Pinus densiflora 'Cesarini's Variegated' .. starting with the winter damage
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
you owe me will.. lol ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinus densiflora Burkes Red Variegated and 'Cesarini's Varieg

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 11:43

Thanks buddy...I responded to the old post but it didn't bump it up. Sup with that?

Now don't go delelting these pics, lol.

How do these compare to 'Golden Ghost'? I do have that one so perhaps thats where I stop. I bet it has the same winter burn. The one I have doesn't have any needles except for this year's growth.

o

i THINK ... w/o contacting GW.. there is a time limit on posts.. and you are trying to pull up a post from 2009 ... thats my guest ...

GGhost is better... once established.. it doesnt burn ...

ken

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 13:52

Mystery solved...'Golden Ghost' is the superior cultivar for the midwest. I know Dax has an awesome one as well.

I'll post my little one next year after he pushes new growth.

Yes your 2009 post only has 13 replies...its the #2 hit on google (today) if you search Pinus densiflora Burkes Red Variegated

o

I noticed this year that the interior needles of my Burkes Variegated are dark green w/o variegation while the Cesarini is variegated all the way back. Have you seen this in your plants?

o

can you post a pic of that???

since mine denudes itself so frequently.. i cant really say what interior needles look like ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here