Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ireena_7

My meadow slowly changing...

ireena (zone 5-6)
10 years ago

I finally got the courage to send photos of my meadow... All the time I felt that there is nothing to show:)))) But I did not strive for rapid results. This, my dream garden, is not my goal, but my way of life. As I said, I enjoy the process itself.....

My first holes:)

Picea abies Cranstonii and Neo...

Picea omorika Pendula, Picea abies Dundanga

At the middle of meadow I plant 4 different Picea abies group. At front - Pinus peuce Latgale

My husband left all spruces and pines. Cut Alder and huge grass. Now, these trees will get the sun and will be more beautiful. Some spruces will be replaced or used for Christmas..

My tools....

Now I need to merge it all into one bed and apply a mulch.... I want to use boulders too - I have a lot.....

My assistants:)

From another side. I have booked a place in the middle. There I want to plant Picea abies Luua Parl from my little garden

And now for the separate plants. I've already planted 28 trees, but they are not visible in this wide area:) I will not show all, just a few...

Currently my favorite - Pinus peuce Latgale. Finally I was able to get it! It is already about 15 years old, I think. She has already cones... I get three:)

Pinus sylvestris Doone Valley

Picea glauca Echiniformis

Picea abies Dundanga

Chamaecyparis pisifera Sungold... I guess...

Pinus x hakkodensis

Juniperus communis 'Stricta'

Picea abies Little Gem

Juniperus x pfitzeriana Gold Star

Pinus cembra, the species and "my", native Pinus sylvestris...

Picea obovata var. lutescens - not gold yet... waiting for more cold nights

Picea obovata Seminskaja - lost her ending, but I think, she knows, what to do:)

Picea abies Cupressina

Picea abies Pruchoniceana

Picea abies Aurea Magnifica

Still waiting for planting...

Behind the house I will make a bed at Ken's methods - with wood chips and Roundup.... for next year...

It's not much and still don't look good, but it is the beginning... I will continue:)

Ireena

Comments (15)