Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me identify my Cedrus Deodara cultivar

Posted by jahart none (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 11:04

I purchased and had planted a beautiful Cedar tree labeled "Cedrus Deodara" but the cultivar information is missing. I wonder if anyone can help me identify this cultivar (or species, if incorrectly labeled!). The tree is about 10 feet tall now. Photos (though not great) provide a view of the tree in total, a mid-range with bark, branches and needles, and a close up of the shape, distribution and color of the needles. Let me know if anyone has any idea of the cultivar, so I can plan the garden around this specimen. Thanks.jahart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me identify my Cedrus Deodara cultivar

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 13:05

Any signs of it being grafted? If not probably just an unselected seedling. Unless you think the gaunt habit is characteristic, and not due to existing site conditions such as possible shading by other trees, or other circumstances in its recent history (like being left in the same pot too long).

o
RE: Help me identify my Cedrus Deodara cultivar

when was it planted ??? .. i am thinking not recently ...

how big at planting ???

i also am interested in the ID... and have no clue myself..

but i dont understand what the ID has to do with the bed under it??

welcome to GW.. if i hadnt said that before ....

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here