Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ebay Vendor Confused or Possibly Blind

Posted by johnplace z6 Saint Louis (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 13:00

Just a warning to you guys who shop for conifers on ebay. I've been dealing with a vendor whose store is called japanesemaplesandconifers... Here, let me describe my transaction history with this store for your amusement and edification:

1) I purchase and pay for (on a "buy it now") two conifers: Picea Glauca Pendula and Picea Omorika Pendula Bruns, both 2 feet tall.

2) A week later, I get an 8 inch tall japanese maple in the mail. the packing slip inside says it was supposed to go to some guy named Chad in New York. I guess Chad got my conifers.

3) I tell the vendor of the mistake. He apologizes. He says I can keep the maple (okay, score for me). He says he will send my conifers the next week. So far, I am still happy.

4) Second shipment just arrived. Instead of a 2 foot tall Picea Glauca Pendula, I have a 6 inch tall Picea Pungens Glauca Pendula. Not what I ordered. Okay, now I'm getting annoyed.

No response yet. Waiting....

So is the guy blind? Confused? Perhaps suffering from early onset alzheimers? I do not know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ebay Vendor Confused or Possibly Blind

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 13:03

Its a she and she is horrible and needs to give up. I had to file a paypal complaint to get my issue resolved.

No need to really vent here just leave the appropriate feedback on the auction site.

o

And the pendula bruns is severely root bound. What a joke this is... I'll just chalk it up to lesson learned and move on. Hopefully someone here can benefit from my experience.

o

I never buy anything I can't see beforehand. My new policy.

Shopping on line is the worst case scenario. The photos of these plants are always unbelievably perfect. What you receive is junk if you receive it at all.

I have taken to many hits on things ordered and sent through the mail. Shipping cost these days almost make it prohibitive.

In this day and age just not worth it.

Dave

o
Policy

Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 13:52

My new policy is only going through select vendors that I can build a relationship with. Not tyring new ones anymore.

I have one in WA and one in OH.

I might put an order through with Bob before he shuts down to snag up a couple of my must haves that aren't available elsewhere.

John,

I'm sorry but I directed the venting comment towards myself.

o

I trust Will's reviews... One of those guided me to Bloom River, who sent me hands down the healthiest plant I've purchased anywhere. We're talking no root tangling whatsoever...

Otherwise, I agree with you guys. No more blind ebay purchases for me.

o

After the sale service should be just as important as the sale itself...on eBay there usually is none. Also one reason I don't sell the junk my wife wants to get rid of, it would be difficult for me to be there afterwards.

o

This merchant was one of my first purchases, I couldn't complain because I didn't have anything else to compare it to. $12 for one of his, $30 for another one somewhere else... from now on I'll purchased the $30 one. A little more but the conifer will be nearly 3-4 times larger. It was a newb mistake I'm sure.

Whaas - Bob the ebay merchant is closing? If so, why/when? I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've bought so many great things from him and the quaility has surpassed pretty much everyone. It'll be a real shocker if we're talking about the same person.

o

Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 18:13

No I'm talking Finch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here