Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conrad13743

Your favorite Picea omorika

Why not. The favorite Picea pungens received a good following and didn't make anyone mad.

Please participate to make this thread a success.

Dave

Picea omorika 'Gotelli Weeping'

This post was edited by Davesconifers on Tue, Sep 23, 14 at 16:23

Comments (19)

• Lily777
    9 years ago

I have two, but my favorite right now is Picea omorika 'Aurea'. This picture does not show how awesome the colors are. It's from Conifer Kingdom.

• mikebotann
    9 years ago

This WAS my favorite Picea omorika, until an deer broke it off.
    Mike

• Sara
    9 years ago

Hi! First post, have been reading and learning a lot here. Started planting conifers over the past two years, so not much to contribute yet. Lily, I too like Picea omorika 'Aurea', here is mine from the spring. It has grown tremendously over the summer. Love the pics keep em coming.

• whaas_5a
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'de Ruyter'

• firefightergardener
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'Peve Tijn' (center-left) - Very forgivable of full-sun, a bright gold color, very uniform and I've even dug this guy up and move him around a few times. Not a needle burned.

-Will

• maple_grove_gw
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'Berliner's Weeper'

Picture from today.

-Alex

This post was edited by maple_grove on Sun, Sep 21, 14 at 12:45

• midwest_dave
    9 years ago

Another rough one from my garden. She was a band pot purchase from Porterhowse Farms and is finishing her 4th year in my garden. A late frost a couple years back killed all the new growth. She back budded a lot and has fared well ever since. This year, it looks like a leader is re-forming. Maybe next fall I can move her out of this temporary bed to be with her companion, 'Guenter'.

'Elisabeth'

-MWD

• sc77 (6b MA)
    9 years ago

Absolutely Picea omorika 'Peve Tijn' for me as well. Glad Will had such a nice pic, because I don't own the cultivar yet.

• firefightergardener
    9 years ago

MWD, there's nothing rough about that cultivar, nor your specimen which looks beautiful and compact to me.

Picea omorika 'Buttermilk Falls'

-Will

• nwconifergarden
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'Woodan'

Slow, irregular upright growth.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Odd how 'Wodan' grows so differently. I've seen a number of shapes. Here's my 5 year old just starting to show signs of a leader.

tj

This post was edited by tsugajunkie on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 22:11

• firefightergardener
    9 years ago

'Wodan' also appears to be a hybrid, maybe x breweriana.

• Garen Rees
    9 years ago

These are all so great.

Will, you have been teasing me over the years with that 'Buttermilk Falls'. A variegated sport from 'Pendula Major', I am so jealous.That's like the holy grail of omorika's to me. I patiently await and hope for the day that Bob Fincham starts offering it for sale. Thanks for the drool material.

I do love Picea omorika 'Peve Tijn'. I've moved it twice as it was burning in full sun for me here in southern Indiana. I moved it to a shadier location for a year but the color suffered. It was dull and not even the same. I moved it back to it's original full sun location this year. It now shines bright again and has very minimal needle burn now that it has more root mass. It should do even better next year.

• outback63 Dennison
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'De Ruyter'

Dave

• jayhawkfan56
    9 years ago

Gotta place another vote for "aurea". Nice mix of yellow, green, and blues.

• alley_cat_gw_7b
    9 years ago

They are all fantastic. Cant forget 'Pendula Bruns'.

• plantkiller_il_5
    9 years ago

globosa xxxxxxx oops, I mean 'Nana'

ron

was talking to neighbor when photographing his,,he called it glob.,,,must have stuck in brain

This post was edited by plantkiller.il.5 on Mon, Sep 29, 14 at 20:37

• plantkiller_il_5
    9 years ago

mine

This post was edited by plantkiller.il.5 on Sat, Oct 4, 14 at 21:46

• gardener365
    9 years ago

Picea omorika 'Peve Tijn'

Picea omorika 'Gotelli Weeping'

Dax