Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

is botann stuck in the phillipines

i just got an email from him.. asking me for money ...

i am sure he was with all you folks for the regional last week.. so i dont know how he beamed over the pacific...

anyone have a phone number on him.. and can contact him and make sure he is ok ...

i am not going to reply to the email ...

i tried emailing him thru GW ....

ken

Comments (22)

• pineresin
    10 years ago

Sounds like his email has been hacked by fraudsters. Don't send any money.

Resin

• whaas_5a
    10 years ago

Ken, you didn't strike me as a very gulliable individual, lol.

• coniferjoy
    10 years ago

I got the same email as well, here is what the fraudsters wrote:

I really hope you get this fast. I could not inform anyone about our trip, because it was impromptu. we had to be in Philippines for Tour..The program was successful, but our journey has turned sour. we misplaced our wallet and cell phone on our way back to the hotel we lodge in after we went for sight seeing. The wallet contained all the valuables we had. Now, our passport is in custody of the hotel management pending when we make payment.

I am sorry if i am inconveniencing you, but i have only very few people to run to now. i will be indeed very grateful if i can get a short term loan from you ($2,550). this will enable me sort our hotel bills and get my sorry self back home. I will really appreciate whatever you can afford in assisting me with. I promise to refund it in full as soon as soon as I return. let me know if you can be of any assistance. Please, let me know soonest.

Mike McGarvey

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Yep, Botann's been hacked. Best he checks his "Sent" file and notifies his email provider...and changes his password.

tj

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i ... in no way suggested i was taken

i wanted someone who knew him more personally.. to make sure he was OK

maybe they have him tied up.. and are using his computer.. and stealing his garden ....

ken

• botann
    10 years ago

Yeah, I got hacked.
    I've never been to the Philippines.
    My English and spelling is better than in the letter.
    My password has been changed.
    I'm not too happy about it.
    Thanks for being worried about me.
    Mike

• unprofessional
    10 years ago

Bring back Philippine conifers!!

• coniferjoy
    10 years ago

And the hot chicks.... ;0)

This post was edited by coniferjoy on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 16:17

• botann
    10 years ago

My younger brother is happily married to a real nice woman from the Philippines. He lived there for over twelve years. They have lived in northern Idaho for the last fifteen.
    I found a variegated Pinus contorta on his property.
    Mike

• outback63 Dennison
    10 years ago

botann...send me all your money.

I need to buy more Philippine conifers and a chick for me and Edwin. Let's add Dax also.

Dave

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    10 years ago

'chick' is incorrect. This is because after 1959 it's forbidden to use this term. It must be written 'woman'.

:-)

• monkeytreeboy15
    10 years ago

"Fraudsters" = word of the day.

Mike, incredible tree..
    Contact me about sharing some scion-wood if possible please!

Good one, Sara!

:-)

-Sam

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

so let me get this straight...

joy wants poultry from the Philippines..

but we are no longer allowed to call what comes of a hens butt a chick..

but instead call it a woman ...

and bot's sisterinlaw didnt leave a man that dragged her from tropical Philippines to north idaho ..

had the earth reversed its spin???

what in the hell are you people talking about .... lol .. am i the only sober one around here?????

ken

ps: glad you are well .... mike ...

pps: i am off to mickey D's to get some WOMEN NUGGETS .... now that.. is ... just wrong ....

• coniferjoy
    10 years ago

In that case, leave the hot bird were she is and send me some branches of that variegated contorta instead. ;0)

It isn't forbidden to use the wordt "chick" after 1959.
    This is because it isn't a Latin name, it's English.
    Pulles is the Latin name for chick, it's forbidden to use that word for woman after 1959. ;0)

Ken, what are you talking about, hikk-up, what does sober mean? ;0)

Yeah, Mike, we're all glad that you're allright! :0)

• gardener365
    10 years ago

Thank you for including me Dave. I haven't been on the forum for a week or two and I see where my true friends are! ebay has taken me captive.

That contorta is named, 'Pineapple Chunks'... :) Edwin, you may want to check with Henk if he ever heard of this ;)

Dax

• maple_grove_gw
    10 years ago

LOL, another suitable name for the contorta would be 'Phillipino Pineapple Pulles'. Edwin, is the combination of English and Latin acceptable?

Alex

• gardener365
    10 years ago

Mike, your emails are all kicking back. (3) this morning I tried to send. Your gmail acct. doesn't return them.

Dax

• botann
    10 years ago

I will be getting a new account as soon as I can. The hackers are responsible. I would be for some serious jail time for hackers......Maybe a public hanging or two.
    What a pain!
    Mike

• coniferjoy
    10 years ago

Alex, normaly seen it's forbidden to use a mix of Latin and English for a cultivar name.
    Maybe for this case we've to make an exception.
    We can name it 'Hot Philipino Pulles' :0)
    How about that Mike?

This post was edited by coniferjoy on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 16:47

• jinxz5
    10 years ago

Smile Sara........It was you that got these dudes started. It's amazing what one dame err woman can start. Joking of course. Jay

• Embothrium
    10 years ago

Pinus contorta with yellow portions - often more yellow and numerous than on tree shown - are frequent here. Sometimes it is due to pine shoot moth, other times it will be something else. Mostly it is seen on planted P. contorta latifolia rather than more locally adapted P. contorta contorta.

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    10 years ago

Ha ha ha - I was having fun and I'm glad that they are, too!

It was too good an opportunity to pass up...

Sara

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022