Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn destroyer

Posted by Ireena.7 5b-6a (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 6:37

Again, I'm destroyed one part of the lawn. Soon I will not have a lawn at all. And here is my new bed. Of course, the temporary option, as usual. Part of the plant will remain here, some (big on future) will be moved to my new big meadow. Soon I will show you the horror that expectations me in this place. But I have big plans for it.

In this area grew old Plum, who left this summer killed. Of course, I use this place a lot better. And at times I wanted to cover part of the farm and garden compost box.
P1070699

P1070391

P1070700

P1070701

My poore damaged Abies lasiocarpa 'Compacta'. I hope, in this place she will be happier...
P1070703

Pinu jeffrei (unknown)
P1070706

Pinus nigra'Green Rocket'
P1070707

P1070710

Ireena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn destroyer

Beautiful Ireena. Everything looks lovely and your Heath/Heather choices and Hydrangea are fantastic and really compliment all your conifers. Thanks for the photos.
Cher

o

Ireena, that's a nice new part of your garden!
I was wondering what kind of Pinus you've at the left side grafted on the high stem?
Can you also show me a detail pic about the black binding material which was used for this staking?
Thanks in advance!

Btw, Pinus jeffrei must be written as pinus jeffreyi...
I guess you forgot to type the "y" ;0)

o

You indeed have the good eye when it comes to creation Ireena.

Please tell us more about your big meadow: hectares, acres, near your home or further away, any photos?

Dax

o

Nice work Ireena! That last picture is great, I love the perspective. The heathers introduce some nice touches of color, and give the whole a feeling of a painted composition. Garden art if I've ever seen it.

What is the weeping spruce towards the back (i.e., the middle one in picture 4)?

Also, I was wondering about your soil - is that your native soil, and if yes what kind of soil do you have? Did you amend it at all?

I'm working on a bit of "lawn destruction" of my own; I hope that when it's done it may look as graceful as your bed. :0)

Alex

o

Thank you all for your good words!:) I love my garden and I want to share it with someone. Otherwise, it all see just me, my husband and my dog ​​:))

Edwin, this is a very common Pinus mugo Wintergold, grafted on to the Pinus sylvestris rootstock. She has not yet begun to be colored yellow - we don't have a night frosts yet...
I will reduce every year of its growth.
Pinus mugo Wintergold-2

Pinus mugo Wintergold

About binding material - it is a simple synthetic tape...
stem

Ireena

o

Alex, the weeping spurce is Picea omorika 'Fassei'.

About soil - I have sandy soil, but my garden is very old - at first I grow strawberries, raspberries, cucumbers, tomatoes ..... and I put a lot of cow manure:) Now, all occupied by conifers. Manure has overworked now and I use only peat with my own compost (composted mown grass). And mulch with peat too. It is for us the most common material.

Ireena

o

• Posted by conon 6b, Southern, IN (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 14:30

Very nice! LOVE the Arbies planted around your perimeter. They make an awesome screen. Your yard is a perfect example of what can be done on a small lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here