Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picea torano........

Posted by conifer50 6b/7aGA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 16:07

.....The "Present" and the past. I'm planning on a early xmas soon as my super lightweight telescopic pruning pole/shears arrive. The time is near!

Johnny

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picea torano........

Johny, very nice pic!
Whats's that piece of cord hanging in this tree?
This year the Picea torano in my Pinetum made it's first cones which is a very nice happening to see :o)

o

Hi Edwin, the "cord" is needles from a nearby Pinus palustris.

Johnny

o

I finally made the "cone collection" trip yesterday and should be able to extract a sufficient amount of seed even with a low yield from the 149 cones collected.

Johnny

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

How many picea toranos do you have a rare species indeed.

o

SWEET

Dax

o

Another year, another cone collection. 'Picked' these up Friday, Lots of hollow seeds seem to be the norm.

Johnny

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here