Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arrowhead Alpines

Posted by fairfield8619 Zone 8 N LA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 16:07

How are the conifers from them? They have a lot of different and interesting things. Wondering about the sizes, can't seem to find anything on the website. Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arrowhead Alpines

I've only ordered from them once and got exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't purchase grafted conifers, just some junipers. I think they were around $20 each and in quart containers.

o

Check their feedback on [the competing site that rates resellers]. I've had enough problems with order for herbaceous items that I gave up ordering from the many years ago. Two years ago I placed an order thinking I'd give them a second chance: again, a plant was grossly mislabeled as another geophyte that was not even in the same family as what it was supposed to be. Order an Irid, get an Amaryllid! I have no experience buying conifers from them.

NB Since then the founder has died and they have a new nursery manager, so maybe that will help.

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 20:06

They appear to have a great selection of conifers. Most of which is supplied by Gee.

It was like pulling teeth to get questions answered from them. I never understood why you'd need to beg to give them your business. I'll never order from them for that reason. For all I know they might have awesome product, which for the most part should be true if its from Gee. Just expect some plants to be overpriced. For example a 2 year Picea abies 'Cupressina' for $45...don't think so.

o

Well Maybe I will try a small order and see how it goes. Actually there is a non conifer I'm interested in too and may order that and see what happens. There are significantly more positives than negatives.

o

I have ordered alot from them for several years and recommend.Bob Stewart the owner died last winter and his wife Brigetta and son are running the business.They have their hands full.Emails will be answered eventually.Phones calls can work as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here