Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluespruce53

Ronald Vermeulen's collection, Holland.

bluespruce53
15 years ago

Here are a some photos taken a few years ago at Ronald Vermeulen's collection in Holland.

Dan might want to take note for his drystone wall of the Sempervirens mixed in with some of the plantings.

One or two of these photos do appear on the British Conifer Society website, as they are my copyright that's all right then.

Picea sitchensis 'Sugarloaf'

Juniperus horizontalis 'Glacier'

Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Blauer Eichzwerg' - center of photo

Cryptomeria japonica 'Tenzan' - on a short stick

Pinus monophylla 'Tioga Pass'

Comments (10)

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

GardenWeb says that once you put a picture up here then it becomes theirs.

• bluespruce53
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Garden web can say what they like - their mine!

• bluespruce53
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Spellcheck - They're mine!
    I have also had a brief look at the terms and conditions and I don't see anything about GardenWeb owning photo images submitted to this site, even if it did it would be complete nonsense.

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

Maybe they actually backed off. There was a big fracas when they first announced it, with a bunch of posters taking off as a result.

That 'Tioga Pass' is nice.

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any "public area" of the GardenWeb Network, including, but not limited to, the forums and your personal website, exchange page and journal, you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content. If you are not the creator of such content, you also warrant that the holder of any Rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any visitor or member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content solely for personal, noncommercial use

Here is a link that might be useful: TERMS OF SERVICE FOR GARDENWEB NETWORK

• barbaraincalif
    15 years ago

Beautiful pictures...maybe you should organize an international conifer tour for us all!

Thanks for sharing,
    Barbara

• plantmarker
    15 years ago

Bluespruce -

Thanks for sharing the photos. Just beautiful!

A couple of questions:

1) In the 4th photo, what is the variegated Pinus behind Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Blauer Eichzwerg'?

2) In the 6th photo, what is the blue staked cultivar?

Many thanks!

PlantMarker

• tunilla
    15 years ago

Magic,Blue.Congratulations to Ronald Vermeulen.How does P.monophylla 'Tioga Pass' compare to 'normal' monophylla?
    Is it a semi-dwarf or a compact form? T.

• bluespruce53
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bboy - perhaps I should also 'take off' with my photos, what do you think ?

Barbara - just hop on a plane and get over here, your need at least three weeks to cover all the major collections around Europe. Seriously though it's a nice idea but I doubt there would be much of an uptake here. ACS did do a tour of central Europe this year, but I don't think anybody on this forum participated.

plantmarker - Not sure on the variegated pine, but I believe the staked blue spruce is Picea pungens 'Pendula'.

tunilla - 'Tioga Pass', yes i would say probably semi-dwarf and compact with slightly longer thicker needles.

plantmarker - here is another variegated plant in the collection, Pinus nigra 'Helen', this is probably the same plant as listed by Stanley as 'Helena'

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

I was responding to your original statement of concern. Now you know what their position is.