Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know about this nursery???

Posted by wendans none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 19:40

Anyone here ever heard of Forest Lake Nursery? Just curious about them. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know about this nursery???

The one in Northern California? Yes, I ordered from them several years ago. Quality of plants was mostly good, and the owner Steve was great to work with. I see they have a very nice website now. Thank you wendans for having me re-discover this nursery...I'll be placing an order from then soon.

Barbara

Here is a link that might be useful: Forest Lakes Nursery

o

I don't know much about them but a guy I know has tried them but is having a difficult time getting his plants. If you ever get a hold of him is the problem in question. My friend says he seems like a real nice guy but just can't get him to ship him his plants.

o

That's not good....
I've sent him an email with a link to this discussion.

Barbara

o

I wonder if he will look at it? As my friend said, he was a very nice guy. He would like to buy some of his plants but he does not know what the problem is in getting them is all.

o

I had the same problem. Never got my plants.

Frank

o

What happened? What is the deal? Why not send the plants???

o

Did you get your money back? What was his excuse for not sending the plants???

o

If you haven't ordered the plants yet, but would like to... Buy them from someone else. Customer service is up next to plant quality when I purchase. If they cant fullfil your order, they don't deserve your order. Nice guy or not... if he is having problems, no matter what it is, it would take all but 2 minutes to post his delay on the website.

If you have purchased the plants, call your charge card and tell them you never received the products and would like to stop payment.

o

Kind of a sad deal if you ask me. I wonder what could have happened??

o

Great advice for ANY mail-order transaction that has gone bad!
It's sad to hear such bad experiences with a once reputable nursery...

Barbara

o

I talked with him several times, seemed like a nice guy. He was interested in a couple plants that I'm growing so I sent him a couple of my plants in exchange for a couples of his plants. I never received his plants. I called a couple times and was told that he was extremely sick. I saw a while later that his site was down so I just figured that the poor guy died.

Frank

o

No, his site is still up and running. Who told you he was sick?

o

This was several years ago. I forgot all about it until I saw this thread and see that his site is back up.

Frank

o

So it appears he is still pulling this stuff years later. Wow, I thought someone would have blown the whistle on this guy by now. Wendans, what has your friend found out?

o

Well, he has not heard from him since last Tuesday. The plants were to have been shipped on Monday. They still have not arrived as of today. He has tried to contact him but he has not returned calls or even an email. He is kind of bummed and now has to reorder from other companies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here